Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after months of reading, watching videos, and having pm's with members, I took the plunge this weekend and took the tasks on, am sure for you mechanical minded individuals this was probably a walk in the park, but for me it was quite daunting to take on, and nerve racking (am the guy who can change a simple light bulb, and the electrical is never the same), however I got through it, and very happy with end results.
Biggest challenge on the tank was removing the float from the bobber tank and installing onto the speedmaster, that came as a surprise I thought it would come out all as one unit, but there is always that curve ball.

The air box delete went super smooth, I must have watched the video a dozen times, so actually had memorized it in my head step by step, only disappointing part and challenge to that was putting the viba cover on, it took me a lot of attempts and still not happy how it sits, it seems there is a trunk of heavy thick wire (from fuse box) gets in its way to actually let it seat properly and it doesn't matter how you try to move the wire around it still seems to push up against the cover. I will probably re look at it another day.
Next up is Vance and Hines pipes and cross pipe, i will actually have the dealer do that when it goes in for its first service.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man! I'm with Roy. I like that,, a lot!

That is a sick combination!

where did you find that little badge in place of the rear reflector?
Roy was on it, i got it off the key ring I was given when purchased the bike, I took it off, and got a fabricator to make me a backing plate glued it to the plate simply removed the reflector and put on the badge in its place.

·
Registered
652 Posts
only disappointing part and challenge to that was putting the viba cover on, it took me a lot of attempts and still not happy how it sits, it seems there is a trunk of heavy thick wire (from fuse box) gets in its way to actually let it seat properly and it doesn't matter how you try to move the wire around it still seems to push up against the cover.
I'm not sure if these will help or not, but this is what I did with my fuses and wiring on that side.

Pic #1
20190321_200849.1.jpg

Pic#2

I unplugged that sensor you see in the center in pic#1, and then wound the main fuse, and the 2 thick wires going to it, in over the wiring for the sensor and sort of laying on top of the harness that goes up under the tank for the injection and ignition, with the main power fuse just accessible under that frame rail (center on pic 2) then wrapped the sensor wire around it and plugged the sensor back in.

Then wound and tucked the main fuse harness in on top of that stuff ( In pic#1the 2 thick wires are over the main fuse harness near the fuse box, but in the final install I had them trained enough to go in under the main harness instead). It took a bit of finessing and training to get the main harness to lay in there nice, but a bit of patients will pay off here. Just be gentle when you are bending the wires that come out of the fuse box, again patients is your friend..

Best of luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts