Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled the trigger and had the Triumph FC kit installed. The stock seating position was very uncomfortable, particularly since my bike came with the ape hanger bars. I felt like a chicken roosting, even with a 30" inseam. Huge difference with the FC. Expensive but worth the extra dollars.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger and had the Triumph FC kit installed. The stock seating position was very uncomfortable, particularly since my bike came with the ape hanger bars. I felt like a chicken roosting, even with a 30" inseam. Huge difference with the FC. Expensive but worth the extra dollars.
Could not agree more :smile2:, At 32" with high bars, the seating always felt off to me, especially with the statement seat. The forwards absolutely fixed it. It confounds me as to why Triumph didn't offer this arrangement as an option when you go to the high bars.

Congrats David

·
Registered
712 Posts
Your FCs look pretty cool and you're right -- they are very well suited for a bike with apes.

I really like the stock seating position on my Bobber Black. But I took a 220 mile ride on Saturday and must admit that I found myself flapping a leg in the wind toward the end to alleviate a cramp in my left leg. I got over it though, and I probably gave a few weekend motorists a laugh.

-GPz

·
Registered
152 Posts
Your FCs look pretty cool and you're right -- they are very well suited for a bike with apes.

I really like the stock seating position on my Bobber Black. But I took a 220 mile ride on Saturday and must admit that I found myself flapping a leg in the wind toward the end to alleviate a cramp in my left leg. I got over it though, and I probably gave a few weekend motorists a laugh.

-GPz

I get left leg cramps too and do the same thing. Wonder if FC's will help. I do like the stock seating position though. What's the total cost on FC parts? Dropped too much $ into the bike and fixing up the garage these past few weeks..might have to live the leg cramps.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
I think foreword controls on a Bobber, especially with high bars is a great fit.

Personally I have pins/screws in an ankle form an accident so footboards really suite me.

Although that said and in general, the Bobber is such a great platform and although I thought I would never say that (my departed brother would be happy), I like the look of the clip-ons and rear-sets some chaps are doing. Not for me but sooo cool.

Wether rear-sets, stock, forewords or footboards, there is some great options on the books and hopefully something for everyone.

Loving my footboards even more now they are black.:grin2:

Good luck and let us know how you get on with them.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
829 Posts
Forward and footboards are excellent. II had left knee cartilage repair two years ago, and the ability to shuffles feet fore and aft on the footboards eases all sorts of aches and pains...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have the part numbers handy, but the dealer was very helpful in ensuring that I had all of the right parts and colors to match. It was all very confusing to them also, so they had to put a call in to

Triumph to make sure of the right part numbers. Total cost was about $500. You need three parts: 1: left and right peg kit. 2: FC mounting kit. 3: new extended exhaust cover. All my parts are stainless steel, but they make a black kit also.

I think the floorboards would have been a good option too.

·
Super Moderator
829 Posts
If you go for footboards as well, beware they make the sidestand a b*tch to fold up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts