Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice 0:)0:)

You're in luck.
our old system allowed (if we knew someone in the administration >:)) to reserve a number.

it was necessary to make a written request to a counter and the numbers were given after examination of the file, it was enough to inquire a little to know the numbers of the moment,to introduce yourself to the person,to ask her kindly :D if she would wait a little and pass a few other people to arrive the number wanted.

the old system consisted of a series of 3 or 4 digits. then 2 or 3 letters then the number of the French department (01 .. 02 ... 03 .. etc ... for example my department is the 68) and at each change of vehicle, a new number was assigned to him
I was able to obtain several numbers like: 6868 XX 68.

now the system has changed. the numbers are attributed "for life" to the vehicles and are given via a request on the net. you really have to be lucky 0:)or personally know the computer of the central administration :grin2:to have a funny number

but Macron wants money.:crying:
can it be done as in some countries or, with money, we can buy its numbers :surprise:

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have three of what we call 'Cherished Registration'. It sounds simliar to the system in France. Cherished = money for the Government.

#PFEN, here's my favourite, area 73, TIGNES.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
@PFEN, here's my favorite, area 73, TIGNES.
:laugh: well done.:wink2:
Tignes is a very nice place..
the alps are my playground, summer.bucolic with the Bobber or T120 :Da
little faster with others ..>:)

·
Registered
459 Posts
:nerd:

I kept some plates of my old motorcycles in memory :D:D
garage decoration

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ran a vanity plate for years until I got tired of paying the extra $$$ every year to re register it.
I get they need to charge the extra $$$ to create it the first time but it should be a one time fee. Not an every year fee.

After the initial fee it should be the same cost to register it as any other registration plate.

Stepping down from my soapbox,

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran a vanity plate for years until I got tired of paying the extra $$$ every year to re register it.
I get they need to charge the extra $$$ to create it the first time but it should be a one time fee. Not an every year fee.

After the initial fee it should be the same cost to register it as any other registration plate.

In Va it's only 10 bucks extra, so not a big impact.

Now if we are talking soapbox stuff, don't get me started on personal property taxes......

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts

This is now it's done in Minnesota. It's a little pricey up front (around $200), but it's a one-time fee and you're done. My last 2 cars have had 'YSOSLO' (why so slow) on them which is either funny when I'm stuck in rush hour traffic barely moving on the way home from work, or a challenge if someone thinks it means I want to race them at a stop light. Vertical motorcycle vanity plates in MN only have 4 characters, so trying to come up with something creative is difficult, especially since Triumph and Trump are similar names and I definitely don't want anyone thinking I support our idiot-in-chief of a President. I'm leaning toward XLR8 or BOBR/BOBN.

·
Super Moderator
1,064 Posts
With my Avatar, what else could it be?

Amazing how the Triumph dealers in WA have no idea what I'm talking about. The Triumph marketing team really should sign Paul Sample up...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts