Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nasty, hope you came out of that particular adjustment ok.

Love colour of your Bobber though - what paint code/name is that? Also, the hand painted Triumph logo is sweeeeet.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Admit it... you were looking for an excuse to upgrade the front end. Inverted forks would be killer! Love your bike color. Hope you’re okay!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Really sweet paint color and logo. I would think about moving that tire away from the radiator though. Since you're posting it with a little tongue in cheek, I assume you're ok or hope you will be.

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
Hey @Siggs, let us know how you are!

Now guys, assuming Siggs is OK, he's going to need our help and advice on rebuilding that front end. I don't think anyone on the forum has put a new front end on their Bob (speak up if you have). What do we think would make a great front end for a custom Bobber?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all for the concern and well wishes!

Some lady in a subaru did a u turn from the shoulder of a four-lane road, during rush hour no less. A guy in a truck had stopped in the right lane to let her in, which blocked vision for both of us (truck also boxed me in), so I didn’t see her till she was directly in front of me. Crappy illustration attached.

Thankfully I sensed something off about the situation as I approached and I managed to scrub speed to about 15-20mph before I hit the side of her car. My boys took it the hardest when I flew into the gas tank :crying: Grateful it wasn’t worse, no broken bones!

Bike is at the dealer now for estimates, hoping it isnt too bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nasty, hope you came out of that particular adjustment ok.

Love colour of your Bobber though - what paint code/name is that? Also, the hand painted Triumph logo is sweeeeet.
Thanks! I went with porsche nardo grey. Tank is pretty banged up, will need to be redone. Maybe adding a black racing stripe, thoughts??

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey @Siggs, let us know how you are!

Now guys, assuming Siggs is OK, he's going to need our help and advice on rebuilding that front end. I don't think anyone on the forum has put a new front end on their Bob (speak up if you have). What do we think would make a great front end for a custom Bobber?
I hadn’t even thought of that! Wonder what my options are. Are there even inverted forks that fit the bobber black??

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks all for the concern and well wishes!

Some lady in a subaru did a u turn from the shoulder of a four-lane road, during rush hour no less. A guy in a truck had stopped in the right lane to let her in, which blocked vision for both of us (truck also boxed me in), so I didn’t see her till she was directly in front of me. Crappy illustration attached.

Thankfully I sensed something off about the situation as I approached and I managed to scrub speed to about 15-20mph before I hit the side of her car. My boys took it the hardest when I flew into the gas tank :crying: Grateful it wasn’t worse, no broken bones!

Bike is at the dealer now for estimates, hoping it isnt too bad.
Ouch... your illustration is almost identical to the one I had to send my insurance company many years ago...:surprise:

Came back like this0:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts