Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know some helmet companies provide extra padding to stick to the existing ones so that when it starts to settle (my Shoei did), you can add more to make it more snug again. Well, my helmet doesn't have such a feature. Can any extra padding with Velcro backs work? I have the smallest size this helmet will go and it's snug now, but i'm afraid it will loosen with use.
It's the Torc T-1 "copper pin"

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
If the liner has packed in that much, i would consider buying new replacement liners direct from Torc.
Or (if you don´t mind the extra layer) you can try something like an Alpinestars Balaclava Skull Cap/Beanie which will be a much cheaper solution. But may get pretty warm in hot weather.

Davida sell half sizing kits (velcro, like you mentioned). However, i have such a kit for my NEXX helmets and would think that these WILL NOT provide a solution to your issue. These pads are more for ¨fine tuning¨rather than making the helmet fit tight again.

BTW, the color scheme on your TORC looks great !

·
Registered
49 Posts
in a pinch

Its probably my odd head but it seems the first padding to wear out or compress is the forehead padding. A quick fix I've used in the past is to cut up a can koozy and add a layer or two behind the forehead liner. This has extended the life of helmet for quite some time. Falls under the category of redneck engineering...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the liner has packed in that much, i would consider buying new replacement liners direct from Torc.
Or (if you don´t mind the extra layer) you can try something like an Alpinestars Balaclava Skull Cap/Beanie which will be a much cheaper solution. But may get pretty warm in hot weather.

Davida sell half sizing kits (velcro, like you mentioned). However, i have such a kit for my NEXX helmets and would think that these WILL NOT provide a solution to your issue. These pads are more for ¨fine tuning¨rather than making the helmet fit tight again.

BTW, the color scheme on your TORC looks great !

I'll have to take a look at those kits, and thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its probably my odd head but it seems the first padding to wear out or compress is the forehead padding. A quick fix I've used in the past is to cut up a can koozy and add a layer or two behind the forehead liner. This has extended the life of helmet for quite some time. Falls under the category of redneck engineering...

omg thats genius!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts