Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been busy buying accessories for the 2018 Bobber I'll be receiving in a few months, so I can make it my own when the time comes. Most of my purchases have been based on things you guys seem to be happy with (Boosterplug, X-pipe etc). I thought this might be a great time to start a thread for those of you that have been making changes to your rides over the last year or so to post up on what mods/accessories you're really happy you went with, and also those changes you may have made that didn't necessarily work out the way you had hoped.

Please post up with anything you've added, removed, or changed along with whether you'd do it again or would skip it if you could do it all over again. If it would make sense to include Pros and Cons I know those of us still making choices and decisions would really appreciate knowing why you liked or didn't like something, so we can decide whether the Pro or Con for you would be a Pro or Con for us as well.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I have done very little....mostly a stock bike...

TEC X-Pipe - def would do again. No concerns. Be sure to install the clamps on the rear of the Xpipe 1st, then install and slide in the slip ons.
Eye Lid on the head light. Like it but would prefer a more curved eyelid rather than a baseball cap bill.

Like I said...I have done very little....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you can't wait til it arrives.

So far here's my mods:
(also in chronological order of the progression)

1. Removed all reflectors
They are there for added safety, but I like a more cleaned-up looking bike.

2. Free-spirits X-pipe
Was a little pricey, however when I got it, it was the only option out there. There are more less expensive brands now available. Also had dealership install it, so add on like an additional $200.

3. Gasser Customs bolt-on exhaust
Love it! Great sound and looks. Super-easy installation (maybe half an hour to do). Wish I would have gotten these first before the x-pipe. May have been happy with the results and skipped doing the x-pipe altogether. (and saved me some $)

4. Motodemic 7" LED headlamp
Always thought the stock 5 3/4 lamp looked too small. Easy install - plug and play. Cost is pretty pricey but worth every penny. Would have liked to have gotten the adaptive version, but that was out of my price range. Standard version works awesome: a lot more light than stock. I feel that the larger headlamp balances out the look of the bike in my opinion.

5. Brown statement seat
Stock seat always felt a little funny to me. I like the lower profile statement seat (helps out with shorter riders). I like the firmness too, although if the roads where I live were very bumpy, then I may have different thoughts. Anyways, it's easy to swap out to stock seat if needed for long trips etc.

Next planned mods in near future:
-booster plug
-omega racer bags
-???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you can't wait til it arrives.

3. Gasser Customs bolt-on exhaust
Love it! Great sound and looks. Super-easy installation (maybe half an hour to do). Wish I would have gotten these first before the x-pipe. May have been happy with the results and skipped doing the x-pipe altogether. (and saved me some $)

4. Motodemic 7" LED headlamp
Always thought the stock 5 3/4 lamp looked too small. Easy install - plug and play. Cost is pretty pricey but worth every penny. Would have liked to have gotten the adaptive version, but that was out of my price range. Standard version works awesome: a lot more light than stock. I feel that the larger headlamp balances out the look of the bike in my opinion.

5. Brown statement seat
Stock seat always felt a little funny to me. I like the lower profile statement seat (helps out with shorter riders). I like the firmness too, although if the roads where I live were very bumpy, then I may have different thoughts. Anyways, it's easy to swap out to stock seat if needed for long trips etc.
I'll have to check out the Gassers exhaust on youtube to see if I can find a before-and-after kind of thing. I already have the Free Spirits X-Pipe and I LOVE the way the V&H exhaust sounds with that. If the Gassers mufflers sound as good, then that would be a significant savings.

I ordered the adaptive Motodemic headlight on Black Friday through A&J Cycles. I kept the stock size, because I figured the amount of money I saved by not buying a new bigger headlight bucket, mounting brackets and smaller sized/lower cost headlight, I could splurge for the adaptive.

I got to try out the statement seat on my test ride and it was fine, although I'm a little leery of it based on how many guys have said it's hard on the backside on longer rides. I really like the look of the brown, so I'm planning on dying the stock seat. If I don't like that, then I'm contemplating the brown quilted Triumph seat.

Thank you so much for your insights! Actually, everyone that's responded to this so far has provided good info. Thank you all.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'll have to check out the Gassers exhaust on youtube to see if I can find a before-and-after kind of thing. I already have the Free Spirits X-Pipe and I LOVE the way the V&H exhaust sounds with that. If the Gassers mufflers sound as good, then that would be a significant savings.

I ordered the adaptive Motodemic headlight on Black Friday through A&J Cycles. I kept the stock size, because I figured the amount of money I saved by not buying a new bigger headlight bucket, mounting brackets and smaller sized/lower cost headlight, I could splurge for the adaptive.

I got to try out the statement seat on my test ride and it was fine, although I'm a little leery of it based on how many guys have said it's hard on the backside on longer rides. I really like the look of the brown, so I'm planning on dying the stock seat. If I don't like that, then I'm contemplating the brown quilted Triumph seat.

Thank you so much for your insights! Actually, everyone that's responded to this so far has provided good info. Thank you all.
i made a video on exhaust comparisons although the mic on my phone isn't that great but it gives a somewhat of an idea of the differences: stock, stock and x-pipe, stock/x-pipe/gassers

also here was one of the gasser's threads as well:
http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/377-exhaust-headers/3617-gasser-exhaust.html
(you'll also find my video within the thread)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Great video and thanks for the effort.

To Me, I say again, to me the stock vs X pipe sounded too much alike to make the change, The last sounded like a Honda at idle but had a nice throaty sound at throttle twist. I don't know. Are we trying to sound like a Harley? If so, it will never happen as to the degree of fire. Or just love our Triumph sound which is classic in itself?

Personally, I like my Triumph as is. I also own Harley so I guess I get my joneses there for sound. My Triumph is still a far better performer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts