Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....who have posted attaining some stupid mileage out of a tank of fuel, my constant commute mileage sitting between 75 and 85 miles to a tank has by mine own eyes been probed to be beatable.

I managed 147 miles on a total pf 9.5L of fillups whilst on steady sedate group riding on BH Monday.

I was in total shock and disbelief that the wee bobber even with a 1 less tooth front sprocket managed this, jaw dropping mental mileage (but i'll not be riding like that very much lol)

So sorry to all those I may have poked a stick at regards 3 figure mileage tanks on the bobber over the past couple of years.

Colin

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Hi Colin,

Last summer when I was running my stock Bobber tank (and before swapping it for a Speemaster tank). I pushed my bike to exactly 150 (my nerves couldn't stand any more). Mind you the gas station was a mile from the house so I was somewhat confident. I think I recall I had 4 or 5 miles left on the display.

Although I had to ride it 'very' cautiously to get that but it was fun to try.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
....who have posted attaining some stupid mileage out of a tank of fuel, my constant commute mileage sitting between 75 and 85 miles to a tank has by mine own eyes been probed to be beatable.

I managed 147 miles on a total pf 9.5L of fillups whilst on steady sedate group riding on BH Monday.

I was in total shock and disbelief that the wee bobber even with a 1 less tooth front sprocket managed this, jaw dropping mental mileage (but i'll not be riding like that very much lol)

So sorry to all those I may have poked a stick at regards 3 figure mileage tanks on the bobber over the past couple of years.

Colin

Hello mate..I can’t believe you’ve been filling up each and every time you get to 75-80 miles. I only think about fuel at the 110 mile mark and my record to date is 142 miles on a tank.

But you’ve beaten me 5 miles now so feel a 150 mile challenge coming on! :grin2::wink2:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello mate..I can’t believe you’ve been filling up each and every time you get to 75-80 miles. I only think about fuel at the 110 mile mark and my record to date is 142 miles on a tank.

But you’ve beaten me 5 miles now so feel a 150 mile challenge coming on! :grin2::wink2:
I love the idea, 150 miles but what mods do you have ?

Decat
X pipe
Booster plug
Exhaust ?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I haven't been past 112 miles on a tank. Glad to know I have room for more in a pinch.

·
Registered
74 Posts
120 constantly on mine, if I keep it under 90mph I can get 130. I can’t drive 55 lol . Personal best was 140. have the speedmaster tank. BC shotgun exhaust and dart flyscreen.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Best yet.. 1 mile left on the display, but almost half a litre left in the tank if the 9.1ltr capacity is correct:smile2:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My butt and my bladder give out before my fuel light comes on so I stop. I might as well fill up while I'm stopped.

In the "old days" I could ride my BMW R1200GS all day long without stopping for anything. :|

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm always refilling at 80-85 miles, when my gauge says just a few miles left. I am sure there are a it more than a few, but not that many. Mostly city riding for me.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Mostly around town for me although on longer day rides there are usually gas stops somewhere nearby. I usually use 100-110 miles as a guide, to keep my range anxiety in check but, have done about 130 mi. (As I was having trouble finding close by gas, the range anxiety meter on that ride was getting in the red zone). ?

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts
Bearing in mind I have a Speedmaster, I regularly get to 140, I have never put more than 10 l in the 12 l tank, I must grow a pair one day and try to push it further... (maybe it will be literally pushing...)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I don't recommend it, a couple of hours on motorway sitting at 60 lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts