Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all! I am a Swedish doctor who is somewhat of an anglophiliac. I live in a fairly largish country pile. I like to dress in tweeds, have my shirtmaker, dressmaker and wine merchant in St James´s. I generally am shod in Crockett and Joneses and I shoot with a side by side sidelock gun. I sometimes indulge in a pipe from Astley´s. My hip flask is from Asprey. I have travelled far and wide to the farthest reaches of the British Empire. I belong to a Proper Club in London. My motor cars are a Morgan and a Mini. So what is wrong in this picture?
I have a confession to make-I have in all my motorcycling years ridden Honda Super Blackbirds. Why, you perchance wonder? Because they are comfortable, reliable and you may do 300 kilometers per hour when going to the hospital on call....Legally!
I live in a densely wooded area and have since 1990 run over 7 deer! After the last incident with a kamikaze deer leaping out of a ditch to plant itself for a full broadside in front of my poor Mini I have decided-hitting deer in a car is OK. Hitting deer with a bike in 300 is a one time only event.
So, dear folks of the forum. I have therefore traded my trusty Japanese for a Triumph Bobber, and my transformation into a full blooded Englishman is now complete. I look forward to gently bobbing along in an upright position at the measured pace of 14o km/h instead of twice that amount, adoring the beauty of the countryside and keeping a firm check for those dastardly deer...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Spiffing description of your circumstances old chap.

Welcome to the forum. Do you have some photos of the fine filly to show us?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I actually thoroughly enjoyed reading through that first post that I read it again haha!

I would actually like to see some photos of that Morgan you have!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Oh, deer [sic]....What a delightful, descriptive, and colorful introduction.

·
Registered
187 Posts
7 suicidal deer in the span of 27 years, wow that's a record in my books. Welcome to the forum and may your rides be animal free.

·
Registered
143 Posts
In 2008 I hit a large deer doing 70 mph on a KTM 990. Got a helicopter ride and 10 days in the hospital with that little incident. Took me eight years to climb back on a bike. Watch out for those deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts