Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
License plate relocate, LED license plate lights, and "fixes" to rear light assembly. Still need to wire the LED plate lights using black wire shrink and hide them somehow. I decided to keep the rear fender because of functionality... It rains A LOT in Savannah. Also decided to keep the rear light assembly because it's so bight, and higher quality than aftermarket options I've found.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reactions: ysoslo and Roy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chain guard removal and clean up, finalized rear light assembly.

Attachments

Reactions: Big Bear and Roy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next weekend: x-pipe, V&H black coated exhaust, and side light (auxiliary headlight). Finally, I'll install new rear spring and powder coated skidplate! Should be all set after that.

Reactions: ysoslo

·
Registered
261 Posts
You should look into Rizoma lights. Their small and much brighter than the stock lights. A shame to do all that work and than put that train wreck of a rear light set up back on.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks good by the way. Didn’t mean to come off as an ass. Personal opinion about stock rear set up. Looks bulky and cheap. Was the first thing I got rid of.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good by the way. Didn’t mean to come off as an ass. Personal opinion about stock rear set up. Looks bulky and cheap. Was the first thing I got rid of.
No offense taken, I'm not a fan about how bulky the OEM stuff is, but I do want to keep things at least as bright as OEM. I'll check out the Rizoma options. Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up these X-Arc Duos from A&J Cycle after seeing some youtube videos showing how bring they are. Apparently they're noticeably brighter than stock, although I can't speak to that personally because I haven't installed them yet. Worth checking out though.

https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product/x-arc-led-turn-signals/
I'm not sure I can use those, although I do like them. I have to get this though for my 200~ mile weekend trips to the mountains. I don't like always wearing a loaded up backpack, and the bobber MAKES A LOUSY TRUCK.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I'm not sure I can use those, although I do like them. I have to get this though for my 200~ mile weekend trips to the mountains. I don't like always wearing a loaded up backpack, and the bobber MAKES A LOUSY TRUCK.
I've been contemplating that same rack, because is seems the options are extremely limited for saddlebags with a short rear fender. I have to decide whether to have custom mounts fabricated, or go with that seat rack for trips.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: majstevetrevor
1 - 12 of 12 Posts