Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it finally happened.

I FINALLY Have my very own 2018 Bobber Black! Yay!

So here’s how it all went down...... (sorry in advance for the long post)

End of last year, found a BB demo at a local dealer. I went to check it out, the dealer was nice enough but, the bike had a little more than 3K miles, was very dirty and they were still trying to sell it to me as ‘brand new’ and weren’t budging on working with me with the price. That didn’t workout, so needless to say, I was discouraged.:crying:

This past April I came across a cycletrader ad for a new ‘18 BB at another local dealer priced at $9.5K.:surprise:
Was skeptical, so I quickly ran up to dealer to check it out. The deal was for real. The bike wasn’t even unboxed yet. I told them I would put a deposit down and let’s get the paperwork started before anything changed. They even asked me if I wanted to test ride the bike first, and said no. I just wanted to lock them in on the price. Deposit put down, fill out some paperwork, approved for a loan and I think I’m all set.
About a week goes by and I give them a call to see if the bike is unboxed, prepped and ready for pickup. Dealer tells me the bike is unboxed but they are waiting on a part(s) that have to do with a recall. No big deal, I’m thinking. I’m in no rush and the weather wasn’t great anyway. A couple weeks then go by and still with this delay in recall parts. So I go on Triumph’s site to the section to check for recalls. Wouldn’t you know it, NO recalls on the vin#. Now I’m pissed. I call them again, they don’t know when the ‘parts’ are coming. I tell them about NO recalls listed for the bike as per Triumph, and I start getting a different song and dance about the manager will be having a meeting with Triumph America the following Monday regarding this issue. I say I’ll wait until then to make my decision of getting my deposit back and canceling the deal.
That weekend, while I’m waiting, I happened to be searching the net and came across a ‘used’ ‘18 BB for less than $10K with only 48 miles on the clock. I call them, get an OTD price that totals cheaper, no $ down with better financing than the dealer I have the deposit with.
Here’s the thing..... I’m in NY and the bike is in Texas. For my overseas brothers, that’s about 2900km from me.
I’ve never bought a bike/vehicle sight unseen before. after my conversation with the dealer, looking at the pictures, the dealer doing a live stream walk around and startup of the bike for me, l was satisfied and went with my gut to purchase.
I get my deposit back and use towards the shipping price the newer dealer sets up for me.

So here I am with my new 2018 Bobber Black in the matt color.....:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Too bad you had such a hard time, but now at least you got a better deal just in time for the better weather to ride in. Good Luck and enjoy! I know you will love it as we all do.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Fortunately it’s all behind you now. Enjoy the bike! Mine makes me smile every time I throw a leg over it.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome, Congrats, and glad it worked out. You have set a standard for yourself though, we expect no lesser of size of post here on out! (j/k).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts