Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
I went out for a ride today to celebrate my 64th and 136 days birthday....:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy birthday! I hope I’m still riding at that age.
Twenty some years ago I did an Edelweiss Bike Tour in Spain. One of the guys who was ridding with us was in his 80's. He was taking pictures for BMWMOA. He would blow by us, park up the road, get his camera gear out, and shoot pictures as we passed. In a few minutes he would blow by us again and do the same thing all over again. I thought I was decent rider back then. I had been to several track days. I had ridden in the Alps. I thought I was pretty good . . . but I couldn't keep up with that guy. I hope that I am still riding in my 80's.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Happy Birthday Mr. GFSPENSER. Hats of to you for your youthful courage. I fear my motorized vehicle will be an electric wheel chair when I am 73.. lol

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Happy birthday gf. As long as we have our health we must keep on riding. I've been here for 3.5 years longer than you and still ride my five bikes regularly ( one at the time of course).?

Chico

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Happy Birthday Mr. GFSPENSER. Hats of to you for your youthful courage. I fear my motorized vehicle will be an electric wheel chair when I am 73.. lol
No offense meant but, you must be in your 20s to think like that :wink2: When you’re young, 70s must seem ancient. But, to me, if you take care of yourself, are lucky (there are some health things out of your control at any age) and keep up the enthusiasm for the things and people you love, you’re only as old as you feel. Like James Brown so eloquently said “I feel good, I knew that I would...”. Focus on that and you, too will be riding well into your 70s :grin2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Happy birthday gf. As long as we have our health we must keep on riding. I've been here for 3.5 years longer than you and still ride my five bikes regularly ( one at the time of course).?

Chico
Hey, Chico, by “I’ve been here for 3.5 years longer...” do you mean your 76 and a half or you’ve been on this forum for 3.5 yrs more than DFS? :grin2:. If it’s the former, you have me beat by just a bit but, you’re three bikes ahead. Way to go!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
jerrman, It's the former, 76.5. I've been lucky (blessed) so far.

Chico
Me, too. I’m only right behind you. One of the main reasons I’m in the States for the summer is because my bikes are here. Just finishing my fourth 6-8 day trip since July. Haven’t figured out whether I ride to go to blues festivals or I go to blues festivals so I can ride. :grin2: A little like the chicken and the egg quandary. But, five bikes? Not gonna happen. Though, there is that bike I’ve been eyeing in Spain. Hmmm...?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I really should divest myself of at least two bikes but it's tough to let go, I like them all like kids. The two oldest require constant work, it keeps me busy.
Enjoy the festivals and the rides to get there.

Chico

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jerrman, It's the former, 76.5. I've been lucky (blessed) so far.

Chico
When I'm in my gear (with full face helmet and dark tented visor) and on my bike, nobody can tell how old I am. >:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
God bless you and Happy Birthday!
I hope I can still be riding when I get that age.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
When I'm in my gear (with full face helmet and dark tented visor) and on my bike, nobody can tell how old I am. >:)
Oh, wait, I think I just figured it out! :surprise: For those who came from the world of sport bikes and café racers it’s probably natural to think riding in your 70s is some kind of medical miracle. But for those from cruiser backgrounds, particularly HDs, it’s pretty normal. Take a look at the attendees at Sturgis or Daytona. Half the guys or more are 60s, 70s and more. No one even gives it a second thought. Of course, that’s part of the reason HD is having so many problems these days but, that’s another story. All this talk about age is making me tired. I think I’ll take a nap. :grin2: Oh wait, today’s ride is about 250 or so, after yesterday’s 300. Tomorrow about 225 to home. Guess I’ll just get on the road. Sleep later. ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts