Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that want more braking a friend of mine produces 6 pot calipers to fit the bobber.
He is making me a 6 pot to fit a 240 disc, that will give more braking force than the front tyre can handle,
twin discs on this bike would ruin the look from the right hand side, sooo wrong & unnecessary.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm very interested to see what these 6 piston calipers look like. Pricing would also be great to list along with it shipping ;)

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Prototype caliper on 340mm disc, next one will be more compact, masking tape is to mark where my mudguard stay goes across.

Caliper for stock disc is pretty much sorted.

Looks great.
Interested to hear about braking performance/feel at the lever.
I am also using a 340mm disc with floating front (standard) caliper

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great.
Interested to hear about braking performance/feel at the lever.
I am also using a 340mm disc with floating front (standard) caliper
Braking performance will be excellent especially with the 340 disc we both have.
Feel at the lever with this bike has always been an issue for me, stock cylinder bore is too big for the stock caliper, which results in a wooden feel & requires a gorilla grip to stop in an emergency.
So we are looking at a combination of caliper piston sizes to make the lever more progressive.
Once this is all sorted I will be able to arrange a group buy if anyone is interested,
I have done this before for Rocket 111 & Bonnie owners, when I do it is at cost + post only, I have no interest in profiting from fellow bikers.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Braking performance will be excellent especially with the 340 disc we both have.
Feel at the lever with this bike has always been an issue for me, stock cylinder bore is too big for the stock caliper, which results in a wooden feel & requires a gorilla grip to stop in an emergency.
So we are looking at a combination of caliper piston sizes to make the lever more progressive.
Once this is all sorted I will be able to arrange a group buy if anyone is interested,
I have done this before for Rocket 111 & Bonnie owners, when I do it is at cost + post only, I have no interest in profiting from fellow bikers.
Definitely interested.
Your description of ¨wooden feel¨ and ¨gorilla grip¨ is absolutely spot on !!!
My hope is that with your setup and the Ohlins front fork internals the Bobber will brake on a dime with complete two finger, fuss free finesse.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Prototype caliper on 340mm disc, next one will be more compact, masking tape is to mark where my mudguard stay goes across.

Caliper for stock disc is pretty much sorted.

Is that a Bobber? What fender is that, it appears to be longer/more coverage

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm there dude!
Cheers!
mike

Reactions: ysoslo

·
Registered
608 Posts
I like to be different, most are shortening their mudguards I extended mine for the old style look.

And keep the crap off the engine, im fighting not installing a fender extender.

Back on topic - any ideas of a rough cost at the mo?

ta

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone interested please pm me, as this is a special deal my friend who is a partner in Pretech would prefer not to advertise price as he does not wish to cause any upset to the company's that retail his stuff.
After christmas he is off skiing for a couple of weeks, so it will be late January before he manufactures them.
They come complete with organic pads & are anodised to colour of your choice, made to order not off the shelf.
Cheers Les

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Anyone interested please pm me, as this is a special deal my friend who is a partner in Pretech would prefer not to advertise price as he does not wish to cause any upset to the company's that retail his stuff.
After christmas he is off skiing for a couple of weeks, so it will be late January before he manufactures them.
They come complete with organic pads & are anodised to colour of your choice, made to order not off the shelf.
Cheers Les
PM´d you :smile2:
I´m in!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts