Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Yes you read that right!

This popped up on my news feed today.

I've always kind of thought of the e-Bikes as a cool novelty, But HOLY CRAP!!!!

Bike is 400 lbs. 48 (continuous)HP so probably closer to a Bobbers hp at peak, and 553lb-ft of torque,,,, from a stand still!!!!! that freakin" insane! :laugh:
All that and the same range as our bikes, better in some cases!?

Check it out:
Buell Fuell Flow

Attachments

Registered
Actually not unusual for an E bike. Power/torque is instant; same as the cars. On/off. Personally, I'm not comfortable with that recipe. I'm sure I'm missing something but I prefer a fueler as I understand it.

Registered
If Erik Buell doesn鈥檛 hire someone to run his company, he鈥檚 probably destined for failure.......again!! I like his ideas, but he has not been successful at implementing them into profitable businesses. His office/factory is about 20 miles west of me and his employees kept coming back again and again when he would reopen because they love the cool idea of working on his projects. Let鈥檚 hope! Did you see the pricing on that bike!! Yikes!

Super Moderator
I always really like the look and feel of the Buell Lightning SG. Never rode on though. Also dug the sound of them. This was back before I ever really considered street riding.

Registered
How usable is that torque with such a small tire? I know there are a lot of electronics on board to help traction, but don鈥檛 see it as more than a selling point.

There鈥檚 a reason that a 911 turbo comes awd unless you buy a gt2, and that鈥檚 because with that much power and little traction, the average person would wrap it around a tree in a week.

Premium Member
I really like the look and price point. I'll be watching to see how it compares to the Zero bikes in the real world.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts