Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
35 Bikes ranging from $800 to 33K and this Bobber is my "Favorite" of all... I am so happy with the bike just as is. I usually spend a lot in accessories but so far I just haven't had a need. Throttle response and Torque are amazing. The only bike I have ever owned with a great stock seat. The avons are awesome, bike holds a line perfectly, I'm sure she is pretty lean but I have not had that indication. The exhaust is perfect, love the stainless exhaust and the golden color instead of blued headers but that's just me and I am pretty old school but just don't miss the blued look. Suspension for stock is way above average. Transmission is geared perfectly, 6 speed is nice. I was concerned the peg location would be too far forward for my lower back issue but it is just perfect. Kick stand with the lever is clever and pegs do not get in my way when coming to a stop. Handlebars are just right, at first I thought I would need some risers with the seat full forward but no need. Balance and center of gravity is right on. I think if Indian Larry was still around he would agree. She eats the twisties up and just puts a smile on my face. Just pick an entry point and she sticks it perfectly and rolls out of mid point with that torque just holding a line solidly increasing confidence level to push her to her limit. Every time I exit the bike I just scratch my head and say "Wow" Triumph nailed it. I personally love the small tank, allows me to get my knees in close when needed and the small headlight just adds character. Appearance, fit and finish competes with HD and Indian for a fraction of the cost. The paint on the competition green and silver is superior to many. I know know guys maybe this bike was just made for my stature. On the weekend I enjoy my finest single malt scotch whisky and a high end cigar, my Bobber fits in very well.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I would agree with most of your assessments. The stock pipes are too tame for me as I can't hear my own bike when riding with my Harley, Indian friends! I have had the bike not hold a line in corners and believe this was due to having about 22 lbs of air in the front tire, my Bobber loses almost half a pound of air per day when stored, less in the rear. Some of my other spoked, tubed bikes do the same and several board members here have confirmed this also?? When set at 32/42 per the manual she does indeed handle quite well for a cruiser!

·
Registered
155 Posts
35 Bikes ranging from $800 to 33K and this Bobber is my "Favorite" of all... I am so happy with the bike just as is. I usually spend a lot in accessories but so far I just haven't had a need. Throttle response and Torque are amazing. The only bike I have ever owned with a great stock seat. The avons are awesome, bike holds a line perfectly, I'm sure she is pretty lean but I have not had that indication. The exhaust is perfect, love the stainless exhaust and the golden color instead of blued headers but that's just me and I am pretty old school but just don't miss the blued look. Suspension for stock is way above average. Transmission is geared perfectly, 6 speed is nice. I was concerned the peg location would be too far forward for my lower back issue but it is just perfect. Kick stand with the lever is clever and pegs do not get in my way when coming to a stop. Handlebars are just right, at first I thought I would need some risers with the seat full forward but no need. Balance and center of gravity is right on. I think if Indian Larry was still around he would agree. She eats the twisties up and just puts a smile on my face. Just pick an entry point and she sticks it perfectly and rolls out of mid point with that torque just holding a line solidly increasing confidence level to push her to her limit. Every time I exit the bike I just scratch my head and say "Wow" Triumph nailed it. I personally love the small tank, allows me to get my knees in close when needed and the small headlight just adds character. Appearance, fit and finish competes with HD and Indian for a fraction of the cost. The paint on the competition green and silver is superior to many. I know know guys maybe this bike was just made for my stature. On the weekend I enjoy my finest single malt scotch whisky and a high end cigar, my Bobber fits in very well.
I agree with you entire statement. I really enjoy this bike.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would agree with most of your assessments. The stock pipes are too tame for me as I can't hear my own bike when riding with my Harley, Indian friends! I have had the bike not hold a line in corners and believe this was due to having about 22 lbs of air in the front tire, my Bobber loses almost half a pound of air per day when stored, less in the rear. Some of my other spoked, tubed bikes do the same and several board members here have confirmed this also?? When set at 32/42 per the manual she does indeed handle quite well for a cruiser!
My bike must be the exception. Mine holds air fairly well. Got off the bike Sunday, left for a business trip and checked the air the following Saturday and only lost about 1/2 pound.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Im off loading 2 big Harleys this coming week. after decades of riding them . thats how much the Bobber has changed riding for me.
That and im closer to 70 than 60 (years) these days...

I still have a Triumph Thunderbird 1600 mind you. But it may go next.

and yes, Bobber tires lose about 1/2 psi a day.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Zanetti, I am 70 and sold my two Harley's in February. Rode Harley's only for 30 years. Took delivery of my Bobber in March and have not looked back! Love this motorcycle!
Now that's the sort of transition I haven't seen happening for a while, most of the long term HD riders I know stay that way till they die. In the odd case it takes a bad experience with dealers to finally call it quits.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Now that's the sort of transition I haven't seen happening for a while, most of the long term HD riders I know stay that way till they die. In the odd case it takes a bad experience with dealers to finally call it quits.
Ready for a change and have always wanted a Triumph. I have been looking at buying an old Bonneville and converting to a cafe racer. Along comes the Bobber. As I have mentioned in other posts the Bobber presents a great platform to build on and the aftermarket parts for this motorcycle, I believe, will be numerous and creative.
Don't get me wrong I loved the Harley's I rode as well. Wanted something lighter and more nimble and after all I am not getting any younger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have to agree with much of what has been written. I love riding my Bobber. Brings a grin to my face after every ride. I just did a 200 mile run on the back roads of KY and loved every minute. What a great bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts