Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I’ve read somewhere that there will be two new colours available for the Bobber... one I believe is matte green similar to that found on the Triumph Tiger/Explorer. I can’t remember what the other colour is.

As already mentioned though... I too suspect the Bobber Black might turn out to be Black again! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The two new colors are matte green and matte red (morello)...however, those are just for the standard bobbers.

You can see the way they look by going to CycleTrader and looking at the for sale 2019 models (some dealers posted pics).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
The two new colors are matte green and matte red (morello)...however, those are just for the standard bobbers.

You can see the way they look by going to CycleTrader and looking at the for sale 2019 models (some dealers posted pics).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well crap. This isn't the news I was hoping for. I guess the upside will be that people might think my bike is a year newer than it actually is (mine was custom painted khaki matte green last Spring). I can't wait to see the matte red in person. Sounds beautiful!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Well crap. This isn't the news I was hoping for. I guess the upside will be that people might think my bike is a year newer than it actually is (mine was custom painted khaki matte green last Spring). I can't wait to see the matte red in person. Sounds beautiful!
Most people have no idea what our bike is, when it was made or what colors are offered. Most people just like our bikes. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I’d say Triumph owe you royalties for giving them the idea ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Probably even “mat black”

Asked my dealer the same question. No information as yet.

I think there’s a possibility however, that the Bobber Black will be black.
Guess a real possibility

·
Registered
270 Posts
I love my BB but i didn't choose it simply for the Colour. The greater attraction for me was the beefier front end look, LEDs, upgraded brakes etc. Had there been a Matte Gunmetal grey with the same specs I may well have gone for that. I like matte finishes and a dark burgundy, army green, silver, would all look good sitting over the black covers. I do wonder if Triumph have boxed themselves into a bit of a corner with the Black Range. What could they call a range of different colors with the same specification as the Blacks.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I think they could still get away with calling it the Bobber Black, even with different colored tanks, because they could associate it with the black engine covers and exhaust. I think it would be cool to see Triumph start implementing colors by doing 2-tone tanks by utilizing the gloss and matte combination like they did on the Scrambler 1200, but by doing the gloss part in black and the matte part in the matte colors (Ironstone, Morello Red, Khaki Green). In fact, if I decide I can't live with my tank looking like the new 2019 Bobbers, I may just need to have the front of my tank painted a gloss Black, as a nod to the Scrambler scheme. I think it would look incredible!

On a side note, doesn't it look like Triumph may have finally cleaned up the bottom lip of the tank in the attached pic? Looks really nice, but perhaps it's just a prototype thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, I've seen several video reviews on the new 1200 scrambler at various unveiling events and the cleaned up tank has been a topic covered. Hopefully that will transition through to all models in time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts