Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hmm, okay. :smile2:
Speedmaster actually looks better than I was imagining it to be.
Bobber Black, well I guess this was a logical update; not sure I like the fattened-up front-end, but yahoo they've been listening to all the comments about the front brake! Gotten used to mine now:wink2:

Both will be big sellers I'm sure, Triumph are putting out some amazing bikes of late.

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Both are beautiful in my opinion. The bobber chassis makes the speedmaster look perfect - and the dual front brakes and front forks definitely gives the bobber black some chunk. I would be curious about the markup.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I think Triumph did a good job on the Bobber black and it will sell. After break in my 2017 brakes are fine. I do like the cartridge forks, the front tire being more massive then the rear, not so much. I do not need the twin rotors either.
Although I really like it, I'll stick with the original barebones Bobber because well... that's what a Bobber is supposed to be!>:)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think Triumph did a good job on the Bobber black and it will sell. After break in my 2017 brakes are fine. I do like the cartridge forks, the front tire being more massive then the rear, not so much. I do not need the twin rotors either.
Although I really like it, I'll stick with the original barebones Bobber because well... that's what a Bobber is supposed to be!>:)
same here. i prefer the original slim/lean version. the bobber black, although cool looking, is not my taste. beefy front tire makes it look a little unbalanced. almost starting to get too chunky like the indian bobber. also curious on how much more the pricetag will be compared to the standard bobber.

·
Registered
360 Posts
same here. i prefer the original slim/lean version. the bobber black, although cool looking, is not my taste. beefy front tire makes it look a little unbalanced. almost starting to get too chunky like the indian bobber. also curious on how much more the pricetag will be compared to the standard bobber.
Bonneville Bobber | Triumph Motorcycles

Well according to the website, it costs the same (€uro 12,700.00) as a black or Ironstone standard bobber, however with all the new upgrades included; fat front-end, blacked out bits, cruise control, double discs etc...!!

That's pretty amazing!

·
Registered
199 Posts
The Speedmaster is beautiful, but like most are saying the fat front tire just doesn't look right, I love the seat looks very comfortable! can't wait to test ride it and compare it with my Bobber!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Id have to agree - I was thinking of buying the bobber black but on reflection I think I will go for the normal one and make the changes on that - has anyone put a large tyre on the rear?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was asking about a Brembo brake upgrade for my Bobber and was told there was nothing, then this new Bobber black comes out with a set.

Glad they've addressed the poor brakes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
but is it an option to put on standard bobber? Plus Vance & Haynes pipes are available on the speedmaster so should become available on bobber too at some point I guess?

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
The Bonneville Black with the original 19" tire and I'd be all over it! Like others have said, it just looks way too chunky with the 16" fat tire on there. Can't help the handling that so many praised the original Bobber for.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
I love the beach bar handlebars and headlight. Triumph may well get even more cash from me.

I like the bigger tank, but with just 3 liters more it's still not huge. Reckon I'll wait to see what the aftermarket provides.

I'm kinda neutral on the extra disk brake. You might prefer the look of the two disks (I do myself) but I think the Bobber is well-braked as is. I may be in a minority of one, but if you can activate the ABS you don't need more brake.

I don't like the froward controls or the rear passenger stuff.

My 10c: YMMV

- Pasta

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Mind you, I do like Brembos: I could be tempted into upgrading to Brembo calipers if they're compatible. Don't care for the 16-inch front wheel either.

- P

·
Registered
363 Posts
after looking at the bobber black more, i've realized that with the smaller wheel, those huge dual brake discs do cover up almost the entire wheel. you don't see as much of the nice spoked wheels anymore with this setup. also those spokes may be harder to get at when cleaning too.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with BobbyP, the new Speedmaster looks so much better than the spy shots did but it’s just not my thing, and while I can’t deny the Bobber Black’s cool and bang on trend I still prefer the original, I love the looks and I have no trouble with the brakes, the tank size, or the comfort. But I’m really pleased Triumph has launched these bikes, the expanding Bobber range is a win for us all, more choice means more bikes sold, which means more accessories and aftermarket parts. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts