Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed and have read many 2017 posts on relation to rear light options. Can anyone make any suggestions on what is available 1 year on if I want to keep the stock rear fender on my BB. I have the Triumph 40mm short stem front and rear LED indicators and am wondering what the options are for a round smaller rear light that would fit with those indicators. I have a rear mounted number plate. I'm in Thailand and the plates here are just so big I don't like the look when side mounted. To much loss of visual symmetry.
Preferably I would like to loose the stock rear light and just replace it with a smaller bullet style that will fit on the existing mounting plate.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As per my original post, I have. The majority of posts relate to the shorter rear fender being fitted along with a side mounted plate. What I'm looking for is if there are any options to retain the rear fender as stock along with the rear position of the number plate whilst simply swapping the stock rear light for a smaller round bullet style. I've seen the multifunction DLR option from triumph but that is only compatible with the short fender and side plate mount.
I was looking for other members thoughts and possible options just to loose the brick of a rear light at the back but happy to retain my short stem 40mm indicators.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
As per my original post, I have. The majority of posts relate to the shorter rear fender being fitted along with a side mounted plate. What I'm looking for is if there are any options to retain the rear fender as stock along with the rear position of the number plate whilst simply swapping the stock rear light for a smaller round bullet style. I've seen the multifunction DLR option from triumph but that is only compatible with the short fender and side plate mount.
I was looking for other members thoughts and possible options just to loose the brick of a rear light at the back but happy to retain my short stem 40mm indicators.
I haven't seen a bullet style light like you've described (yet), but I can share this pic of the cleanest EU tail tidy I've ever seen. The light setup is different, but very clean and the plate placement means you don't have to worry about the holes in the stock fender from removing the stock rear lights. Just something to consider, if you like the look as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ysoslo. Yes, that looks really clean. I'm fortunate being in Thailand that there is little enforced legislation. Providing the lights are visible ( and from my own safety perspective I want to be clearly seen) and also the number plate then positioning and size isn't going to be an issue.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I haven't seen a bullet style light like you've described (yet), but I can share this pic of the cleanest EU tail tidy I've ever seen. The light setup is different, but very clean and the plate placement means you don't have to worry about the holes in the stock fender from removing the stock rear lights. Just something to consider, if you like the look as well.
Very nice indeed... I like the look of that a lot. I don’t suppose you happen to know if there are any more pics from the side... or better still a link to where or who did it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Freddy, for inspiration I can show you this possibility.
Not a Bullet but a Bates-Style-Light (form is fitting to the headlight perfect).
Mounted on a welded powder coated iron sheet which is fixed in original fender holes.

Cheers, Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Motone has posted that they are working on a tail light option for full length fenders. They showed a diagram of it on their Facebook page a while back. It looked interesting. I'm waiting to see how it looks completed.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the suggestions and pictures.
I fitted the 40mm short stem triumph indicators front and rear today. Think I'll hang fire for now and see what Motone or others come up with. Pretty sure if one company does it then others will follow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Motone has posted that they are working on a tail light option for full length fenders. They showed a diagram of it on their Facebook page a while back. It looked interesting. I'm waiting to see how it looks completed.

Do you have a link or a pic? I looked on their FB site and I didn’t see it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you scroll through the Motone Facebook page you will come to a post regarding billet indicators on a Bobber Black. 12th September.
Look in the comments to that post and they elaborate on the rear light options being worked on including pictures and diagrams. Hopefully imminent.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Me too. I'm patiently waiting.
I also can't understand why Triumph haven't done something to match the 40mm short stem indicators. Maybe 2019 will bring many more options.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts