Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Last week, Triumph revealed a new addition to the Bonneville line to the press, the 2017 Bonneville Bobber.

Inspired by popular American bobbers from the 1930s and onwards, the British motorcycle manufacturer has come out with an even more retro looking version of the standard Bonneville. The Bobber houses a new frame, suspension, and a T120 liquid-cooled 1200cc engine that has been tuned for more torque in the lower rev ranges and a richer exhaust sound.

With all the attention on cafe racers and scramblers, Triumph wants to bring the spotlight back onto bobbers. At first glance, the Triumph Bobber appears to have a hardtail, but BIKEEXIF noticed that it’s actually sporting a softail with a coilover monoshock hiding under the seat.

Another feature of the Bobber is its seat that can be adjusted forwards and backwards, and up and down. Rider ergonomics can be easily changed with this seat, for a more spirited riding position you can move the seat forward or lower it down to 690mm (27 inches) for a long cruise.

Adding to the classic look is an adjustable seat pan, angle-cut mufflers, rubber fork gaiters, and brushed engine parts. It’ll also come with some snazzy bronze Triumph badges on the engine, tank and seat pan. If that’s not enough, the Bobber is going to have a huge catalogue of accessories including heated grips, cruise control, an uprated Fox shock, shorty fenders, a Vance & Hines exhaust system, and more.

Pricing and engine output specifications have not been released yet, but we can expect to see it cost a bit more than the $12,000 T120.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Gotte love the shined metal camsahft and air filter? covers. Gives it more of a classic look compared to a matte one.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That exhaust looks real smooth. I know it's what should be there, but I may want to change those spokies and drop some alloys on there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just wish the exhaust came in black, being a Bobber that's one of the things i was looking forward to. Good excuse to go aftermarket or custom with a shorty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts