Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New condition - taken off bike and replaced with Vance & Hines Black. Perfect shape - no blemishes at all. Downpipes available too. Located in Canada. Make an offer?
20170706_211807.jpg
20170706_211807.jpg
20170706_212714.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to ask this here, but I’m very close to getting the Vance and Hines set for my bobber. Are they much louder? And do you notice better performance?
Been dying to ask someone
Thanks! -ian

·
Registered
935 Posts
I just recently PM'ed with another member, about the Trident pipes, and sound quality. here is that message:

The Trident's, with baffles in, are significantly louder than the V&H's idle to WOT.

If I had to guess I would put the V&H's at around 65-68 Db, the Tridents at about 72-74 Db baffles in, 80-82-ish Db Baffles out. The BC's are between 77-79 measured at 6ft behind.

The Tridents have a rawer (is that even a word :sneaky:) sound than the V&H's, the low notes are there like the V&H, but are combined with other frequencies so not as notable.

With Baffles in, they are quieter than the BC's at idle, but almost as loud under power, I find the sound is much throatier and not as brappy as the BC's likely due to the "can" portion of the Tridents. I ended up cutting my baffles in half and was very pleased with the result. the sound quality remained very close to the full baffles, but a more aggressive sounding idle and a definite increase in Db under power, but again not as raw sounding as the BC's.

Since changing the pipes after the break, I still find the BC's to be brappy sounding, they are definitely a more "unmuffled" straight pipe sound compared to the Tridents, which I am not crazy about.

The Tridents with the baffles out they are very loud, I would guess in the 80-82-ish Db range, loud enough that I was getting ringing in my ears after only a few minutes. Having said that I think they still sounded better than the BC's quality wise!

I will say that whatever you decide to do with them, be light on the throttle when the constabulary is around..

I'm guessing I don't need to go into the customer service, after sales support aspect of the tridents.. ;)

Having said all that, The BC's are my favorite aesthetically! 😁

I hope this helps, sound quality is so subjective, and, depending on a persons own hearing health, can sound very different person to person.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts