Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a hold a bobber, so I ran to this forum for advice.
I’m really wanting to throw a 2-1 exhaust on my bobber but I have not found much out there. Two pipes from TEC look decent but I haven’t seen much else.
I have seen some for the Bonneville T120 but I’m not sure if the mounting would be the same or if I’d have to manage some fitment issues.
Tell me what some of your solutions are and show off that beautiful single pipe if you can!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
One guy on here had one fabricated for his bike, so it's been done, but I don't think there's anywhere you can buy one pre-made.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes! Anything but these repurposed slip ons. Rode club style dyna’s for a few years. But now I feel the bonneville line with triumph has more potential for performance and overall fun.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Heard about some BC 2-1 pipes ages ago that still havent happened . Seen a few cool pieces mocked up, I wanted a 2-1 Low exhaust originally but like the look of this and may buy a set.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Heard about some BC 2-1 pipes ages ago that still havent happened . Seen a few cool pieces mocked up, I wanted a 2-1 Low exhaust originally but like the look of this and may buy a set. View attachment 45111
I'm curious about how much of a PITA changing the oil would be with this setup. Seems like it goes right across where you'd need to refill the oil. It would definitely block my oil temp gauge I installed where the oil cap was. I would also be curious about whether the exhaust that close to the air intakes would result in higher air temps being pulled into the engine and how that might effect performance. And that's not even addressing the piping hot metal right next to your right leg while you're riding. I guess I'm too much of a pragmatist to change the routing like that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm curious about how much of a PITA changing the oil would be with this setup. Seems like it goes right across where you'd need to refill the oil. It would definitely block my oil temp gauge I installed where the oil cap was. I would also be curious about whether the exhaust that close to the air intakes would result in higher air temps being pulled into the engine and how that might effect performance. And that's not even addressing the piping hot metal right next to your right leg while you're riding. I guess I'm too much of a pragmatist to change the routing like that.
I imagine it runs along the same lines of the scrambler. maybe a few metal fabs to complete this job, not to mention the custom exhaust. It is a killer look, but maybe more practical in cooler weather for the impromptu seat warmer

·
Registered
895 Posts
I imagine it runs along the same lines of the scrambler. maybe a few metal fabs to complete this job, not to mention the custom exhaust. It is a killer look, but maybe more practical in cooler weather for the impromptu seat warmer
Seen a scrambler exhaust retrofitted on here somewhere...

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm curious about how much of a PITA changing the oil would be with this setup. Seems like it goes right across where you'd need to refill the oil. It would definitely block my oil temp gauge I installed where the oil cap was.
.....and don't forget that ignition/key relocation kit!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well there was a chap that gave us a sneak peak of the BC 2-1 on the Facebook group. Judging by the other exhausts available from BC that are ‘full’ in nature, I’d expect $800-$1000 for the thing. Sounded good.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Verex do a Bobber 2-2 with a balance pipe, as they are an exhaust manufacturer rather than a reseller, they will probably be able to come up with a 2-1 of some kind if you speak to them - dropping in a bend rather than a second pipe probably not too hard, just have to work the numbers on the bore of the endcan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts