Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, as the title says this is my first project bike and first triumph. I'll be reading through the forum, most likely asking questions for the build!! Here is couple of pics... the befores! Late 70s frame with a late 60s 650 motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
As much as I hope to follow your progress the Triumph Rat.Net forum will probably be way more help to you. This forum is for Brand new Bobbers!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hello all, as the title says this is my first project bike and first triumph. I'll be reading through the forum, most likely asking questions for the build!! Here is couple of pics... the befores! Late 70s frame with a late 60s 650 motor.
You're very welcome here mate! There are quite a few very knowledgeable builders here.

This forum is for Triumph Bobbers from all and every time period, not just the new model, so make yourself at home.

I am also very interested in your progress, as I used to have several older Triumph Twins that I chopped and bobbed in different ways! So if I can be of any help to you, let me know.
There are still some great resources for original Triumph parts from the 60's/70's in the UK.

You can do a lot with that motor, and that T140 frame, you've already got a great base with that welded on hard-tail. Also, having the oil in the frame, means a nice clean look under the seat area, giving you room for the electrics. Brings back memories!:smile2::grin2:

Thanks for posting
Cheers!
mike

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
What are you planning to do with the electrics? I'm rebuilding an old Guzzi V50 Monza, and I decided to ditch all the factory components and wiring (except starter and alternator) and am rewiring everything with a modern regulator/rectifier unit and a MotoGadget m-Unit blue. I also ditched the factory handlebar switches (made of finest Italian cheese) for modern switchgear that, erm, works. Happy to discuss ins and outs.

- P

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nice one, stick shift as well.
Hopefully one day I can get round to that, would look to get my year of birth Bonnie (1971).
But until then, I will have fun on my new shiney Bobber.
Enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts