Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since being invited to launch night by Fowler’s of Bristol I’ve wanted the beautiful bobber . I put a deposit on a FTC model just before COVID struck but had to council due to unforeseen circumstances but now want to treat myself for my 60th in August ( was gonna be a rocket but now think it’s too big )
Want a special with short guards, side plate & some custom accessories.
Only concern reading all these post on the forum is Comfort, I knew first niggles were range with small tank which never really bothered me anyway but would ideally go with the bigger tank.
I don’t get why in this day & age why you pay big money for a new what ever bike you choose and then buy a heap of accessories just for comfort surely that’s standard 🤔 custom accessories fine but comfort !!!
1st I’m gonna test ride one cuz man they are beautiful then maybe the answer is to buy a second hand one with all such parts added ?
Felling pretty bored waiting for my 900 sprint cafe racer completion & wanting New iron treat
Keep up the Great post guys - looking forward to enjoying my membership

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome from too hot North Texas. The problem with ride comfort is the limited amount of travel they built into the bike. The rear shock travel is just over 3 inches, that means without any adjustability in the OEM shock for preload the stock shock design has to be PERFECT for your weight. It might be. You won't know until you ride one. Hit a few harsh bumps and see if your teeth rattle. The odds the suspension was built for your weight is pretty slim, so most people opt for a better rear shock to handle their load. I also opted for stiffer front springs and full fork emulators to dial in the comfort for my lard butt. Expensive? Sure. Worth every nickel? For me YES! I also have a T-120 and a Trophy 1200. The Bobber is now as comfy to ride as those bikes and it really looks good on me too......

BTW I traded my 05 Rocket III for the Bobber, it was getting too heavy for my 69 year old carcass. The new Rockets are a lot lighter.

Reactions: Mark Tidcombe

·
Vendor
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Jersey!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Wlecome in , hope you buy one, the 2022 does have a larger tank. This a great source for getting build Ideas and reviews here, I am 35 and broke my back and ripped cartilage in my shoulder and the bike doesn't make me uncomfortable on 2hr rides. Everyone likes to improve the bike they bought but this bike really is going to be a classic. Making a such a low slung bike really comfortable is nice but it does ride well if your not too big or small. At 212lbs the suspension seems pretty adequate but you can improve anything . There are members that have made the bikes Rockets or cruisers. This bike can go a few ways as far as builds.
Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts