Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having ridden the 1st 100 miles:

Bike looks real good in person, quality finishes.
Great fun to ride. Its a head turner.
Plenty of HP and torque for me. (I own 2 big cruisers so this is a pleasant change.)
I'd give the mirror usability a B grade.
I'd have to say the front brakes are a bit weak. Not terrible but not great either.
As of the end of Feb. there are no accessories yet available at the three dealers local to me. (Tampa Bay)
I'll leave the performance and handling evaluation to other riders and the pros.

Almost bought an Indian Scout but I'm glad I waited for the Bobber.
I removed 9 warning/info stickers and 9 red reflectors from the bike to improve (imo) its looks.
Including the two translucent stickers on the back of the mirrors, identifying the mirrors as being mirrors and suggesting you read more about them in the manual.. :)
I'm 6'1" 250+ (and old). I prefer the seat forward position.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Lovely color! :D

I am the same height and also find the seat most comfy in the forward position.

Regarding the brakes....I have found that using the rear brake (with significant pressure) together with 3 or 4 fingers on the front can bring the bike to a respectful stop. This is in stark contrast to the ONE finger needed on todays monoblocs, but given the nature of the Bobber - all is forgiven :nerd:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine is the same colour, can't take it out from garage yet, since the roads are still covered with snow and ice here.
Hoping that Bobber will be smoother ride than my Scout that I had.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The green is a beauty for sure. Maybe the front brake pads can be replaced with an aftermarket one for more bite. They're generally pretty affordable changes to make unless you want to get the really expensive ones like Brembo.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
The green is a beauty for sure. Maybe the front brake pads can be replaced with an aftermarket one for more bite. They're generally pretty affordable changes to make unless you want to get the really expensive ones like Brembo.
I guess by this time next year there will be a lot of after market solutions for the brake issue. For the moment I'm fine with the OEM and a big squeeze :laugh:

·
Registered
183 Posts
After putting 500 miles on my Bobber it feels to me that the brake pads have seated and are much better. I don't think that it is I just got "used" to the braking as I ride 3 different bikes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
About the mirrors, are they not sticking out enough for a good view of the road behind you? Maybe those bar end mirrors that sticks straight out is an option.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
About the mirrors, are they not sticking out enough for a good view of the road behind you? Maybe those bar end mirrors that sticks straight out is an option.
You mean the mirrors that stick out like the first Ducati Hypermotards??
I find those type of mirrors extremely annoying to use - especially when riding in the city/filtering as they make the bike so wide.
Personally, i find the OEM Bobber mirrors OK. Granted, they are not the best - but a good compromise between functionality and aesthetics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Loving my Bobber! It looks awesome. I keep staring at it. After my first 100 miles the front brake works well enough with a good tug. I moved my seat back and shimmed it to tilt it up a few degrees in the rear. I'm 6"2" with a 35 inseam. Handles great AND I love the engine. I posted about seat height/angle in the appearance section. Amazing bike!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts