Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first service will get the metal out of the engine from the rings starting to set in to the cylinders, tranny gears... I have just noticed a considerably improvement at 1500 miles, engine is breaking in, all components wearing in well, from bushings, bearings, suspension and yes the performance has improved, really a pleasure to ride.

I did 100 miles through the twisties non-stop and rode her like a sport bike... smoked a new Harley like a cheap cigar, smiling all the way.

I talked to my dealer yesterday about any performance improvement mods available. He stated exhaust and a tune would get me more exhaust noise but really no improvement in performance. I am happy with the bike stock and I have always been the guy that spent 2-3 K on all my HD's and all my other bikes but this one I'm totally happy and will wait for a long time, there will be several solid options down the road in my opinion that will be better than what is currently available.

I even like the exhaust, the slash cut you can hear and love the ease of chain adjustment.

I really enjoy seeing all the mods that have been made so far, but you have to admit the Bobber is so cool, even more so for us older guys.

I will do my oil and filter change soon along with a chain lube and adjustment. At 1500 miles I'm still good on chain slack but I prefer slightly loose than slightly tight, on my chain adjustments of course. :laugh:

·
Registered
187 Posts
congrats on hitting a milestone! Always fun to watch your bikes rack up those miles and them commemorate milestones like its first service or getting 8008 on the odometer.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I echo your comments. just turned 1800 mi. and it's loosening up nicely. have a little patience for performance. tune boy indicated he was about to get started on the new ecm's so maybe in a years time, you can do ac flash tuner, and hope against hope, cams.

·
Registered
22 Posts
9300 km

my wife has just turned 9300 km on her black bobber no problems except cracked plastic ring around ignition switch and broken turn buckle on triumph panniers.this is the cheap ass part that holds the leather straps down.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The first service will get the metal out of the engine from the rings starting to set in to the cylinders, tranny gears... I have just noticed a considerably improvement at 1500 miles, engine is breaking in, all components wearing in well, from bushings, bearings, suspension and yes the performance has improved, really a pleasure to ride.

I did 100 miles through the twisties non-stop and rode her like a sport bike... smoked a new Harley like a cheap cigar, smiling all the way.

I talked to my dealer yesterday about any performance improvement mods available. He stated exhaust and a tune would get me more exhaust noise but really no improvement in performance. I am happy with the bike stock and I have always been the guy that spent 2-3 K on all my HD's and all my other bikes but this one I'm totally happy and will wait for a long time, there will be several solid options down the road in my opinion that will be better than what is currently available.

I even like the exhaust, the slash cut you can hear and love the ease of chain adjustment.

I really enjoy seeing all the mods that have been made so far, but you have to admit the Bobber is so cool, even more so for us older guys.

I will do my oil and filter change soon along with a chain lube and adjustment. At 1500 miles I'm still good on chain slack but I prefer slightly loose than slightly tight, on my chain adjustments of course. :laugh:
Well said! My sentiments exactly about my Bobber. I have done a few things on mine but going to wait and see what unfolds on the after market modifications. I am 70 and have been a Harley rider for 25 years and also think the Bobber is the coolest and a blast to ride!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It is "Great" isn't it! I love twins, other than one 4 cyl and a couple 1800 Goldwings I have owned twins 46 years. I just turned 64 and still working... My first street twin was a 1968 BSA chopped stretched, 2in rake, 10 over springer front end, honda 50 tire on the front and a 16in spoked Harley on the rear. Custom glow in the dark paint, no front brakes, drum on the rear. Hard tail (no shocks)...Throttle wide open until I threw a rod through the front case. I would pump the carb and kick her over several times in the morning when it was a little cool, dang thing would never start so I would come home at lunch from work and ride her back; The good ole days! The best part is my passion for motorcycles never diminished and I get just as excited swinging a leg over today as yesteryears...

The day She puked my buddy an I were stopped at a gas station, friends of mine. He had a 1968 Triumph 650 Bonny, a fresh rebuilt engine, 6 over tubes on the front. He asked, you think they care if I ride a whellie across the parking lot. I said no Bro go for it, he brought her up and ended up on the rear wheel and rode right into a highway with oncoming traffic. Horns blowing, brakes squealing, and he set her down right before going off the other side, with a big grin he never missed a beat. We stopped up the road and he was laughing his butt off and I said what the **** happened? Don't know brother I just couldn't get her down and wasnt about to let her go... we laughed a bit and headed up a mountain, in 3rd gear wound up tight, my BSA came apart.. HANG ON LOL!!! Not sure a sudden stop is proper verbage. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well said re Bobber. Had my green and silver about a week. I am 68 and had a bike since I was 18. Did a little hundred miler thru the twisties today and not a big dif between my former Speed Triple. I am totally in love with this bike. And I agree...fine just stock for a while. Might regret some changes like I have in the past. Getting used to gas situations out is the boonies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts