Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for the deal of the century with a coupon at harbor freight. 12 buck torque wrench rated up to 150lbs . Had some affordable wheel chocks and lifts as well. Bought a 4.5" 4.3 amp angle grinder for 15 bucks and a big 3' leather chamois cloth for 15. Best prices I'd seen on tools , never going anywhere else now. Less than 45 for the lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't forget all of the Pittsburgh hand tools at Harbor Freight have a lifetime, no questions asked, replacement guarantee.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I don't trust a cheap torque wrench with that range, can't be very accurate. Harbor Freight does have some tools for a non professional mechanic for excellent prices but not this tool.

Chico

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Wow. 45 bucks gets you a coffee and 'how-do-ya-do?' over here... Jealous!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't trust a cheap torque wrench with that range, can't be very accurate. Harbor Freight does have some tools for a non professional mechanic for excellent prices but not this tool.

Chico
I buy mostly Harbor Freight tools and they tend to work fine. I used my wrist as a torque wrench for years then broke down and bought a 1/2 drive from Harbor Freight. I am sure that the overall quality of Harbor Freight Tools in general are not the best but for a shade tree / DIY guy like me they work fine. If I was a full time mechanic I would use the Icon line of tools, also from Harbor Freight. They are more expensive but still well under SnapOn prices.

Here is a good comparison between the Icon and SnapOn Torque Wrenches for those of you that need a better set of tools for less money.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I buy HB tools as well The best one and the one I use the most is the lift. I've had it for ten years and it's great, only paid $299.00. I just don't trust their precision tools. The ICON torque wrench sounds great but it wasn't the $25.00 variety.

Chico

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Came with a guarantee and certificate of calibration. Looks exactly like every other torque wrench I've used. They got a affordable rear wheel spool lift as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts