Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all

Can't say whether the 12 minute tune is for real in a very technical way but on my first ride post upsetting the neighbours with a long period of noisy idling, the bike nearly pulled out from under me and now sounds like a Thor gargling with thunderbolts. She's been in for a service earlier this year and the Vance & Hines pipes were installed by a dealer prior to my taking ownership so I would like to think maps are all up to date.

Either way, this is the first time that my wife has said "I could hear you coming from the High Street" (about a quarter mile away) :grin2:

E.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Afternoon all

Can't say whether the 12 minute tune is for real in a very technical way but on my first ride post upsetting the neighbours with a long period of noisy idling, the bike nearly pulled out from under me and now sounds like a Thor gargling with thunderbolts. She's been in for a service earlier this year and the Vance & Hines pipes were installed by a dealer prior to my taking ownership so I would like to think maps are all up to date.

Either way, this is the first time that my wife has said "I could hear you coming from the High Street" (about a quarter mile away) :grin2:

E.

I lost a gear when I did the deed. Best "mod" so far...especially for the price.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I was very skeptical prior to doing the 12 Minute Tune, but immediately noticed a drastic improvement as well. I haven't had the map updated on my bike since adding the Gassers exhaust last summer, so I need to ask them to update when I get the 10,000 mile service done.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Afternoon all

E.
I take it the engine has be cold before starting it? I looked back at the original thread where it said that you had to wait for the fan to kick in before the 12 minute tune starts but there was no specific mention of whether the bike had to be started cold or not (maybe I overlooked it).

Either way, like yourself, I'll be public enemy number one in my street again when I try the tune!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I take it the engine has be cold before starting it? I looked back at the original thread where it said that you had to wait for the fan to kick in before the 12 minute tune starts but there was no specific mention of whether the bike had to be started cold or not (maybe I overlooked it).

Either way, like yourself, I'll be public enemy number one in my street again when I try the tune!
From cold yes... be sure not to touch the throttle at all whilst idling, start the 12 minutes once the fans kick in. Then simply turn the ignition off, being mindful not to touch the throttle 👍

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From cold yes... be sure not to touch the throttle at all whilst idling, start the 12 minutes once the fans kick in. Then simply turn the ignition off, being mindful not to touch the throttle 👍
I did mine after riding it home from work - 15 minutes max. It was a hot day and the fans were kicking in when I was stopped in traffic. I was a bit skeptical anyway but thought it couldn't hurt. So, started without touching the throttle, fans kicked in pretty soon afterwards and left it annoying the neighbours for 12 minutes. Job done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you only have to wait that 12 minutes until the fan kicks in, or do you need to leave it running for another 12 minutes with the fan running? I gave it a try yesterday, and after the fan went on it switched off and on every couple of minutes. Does that matter or is always like that? Does this have effect of the "tune"? Outside temperature wasn't that hot: 15 degrees Celsius. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts