Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is one year and 2 days since I picked up Scoot.

I left work early for 2 reasons, 1 - its my Bday, and 2 - its a VERY RARE mid 70s day in Norther Va in February...crazy..

So, a ride was naturally in order...

1st rode to garage to get inspection done as Feb is the renewal month. Handful of guys around it at one point, they had never seen a Triumph Bonneville Bobber before.....

2nd - took a long ride around some back roads after inspection. Some were hairy with salt and mud/gravel remains. But still enjoyable. Ended up at a pizza joint that lets you buy dough to make your own pizza at home. Had a tasty Imperial IPA there. I am making pulled pork bbq pizza tonight with some left over smoked pork from Sunday....In the pic of the brew, the buildings remind me or row houses I used to see in London.

A great day!

My Bruder gifted me this nifty LED Triumph sign. Looks great and glows like mad at night. Need to find a permanent spot for it in the garage.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the pics. My birthday today also. Still waiting for my Bobber Black to come in, was hoping for a Birthday present to myself. Crazy record warm here in South Alabama. Set record highs last 5 days. Dig the sign!

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pics. My birthday today also. Still waiting for my Bobber Black to come in, was hoping for a Birthday present to myself. Crazy record warm here in South Alabama. Set record highs last 5 days. Dig the sign!
Happy Bday to you, AirMark! Last year I was lucky as the bike arrived and I was able to pic it up 2 days before my Bday (and yours!). Also last year I was playing cornhole in my front yard in shorts and short sleeves on my Bday, 2 years in a row of great weather, strange.

·
Registered
459 Posts
0:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Unbelievable, the Triumph Dealer just called this morning and said my bike was ready right now. My salesman said he would have called me yesterday but was out of the office all day. So my story and I will stick to it, It was delivered on my birthday.

On my way to pickup the bike with my trailer. Excitement is now building!

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unbelievable, the Triumph Dealer just called this morning and said my bike was ready right now. My salesman said he would have called me yesterday but was out of the office all day. So my story and I will stick to it, It was delivered on my birthday.

Fantastic!! Obviously pics will be in order!

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Get the bike home? Well chuffed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bobber is now home and still in the trailer. Unloading today and hopefully get a chance to ride it. Very foggy here this morning and some rain in the forecast. It is just an amazing machine with such unique styling. Hopefully better weather this weekend for riding. Stand by.

·
Registered
459 Posts
:nerd:
I think you are the first on the forum with a black bobber :grin2:
a small signature like "the first" :laugh: in your avatar, maybe, would be fun :wink2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was able to unload the Bobber today and put it in the hangar. To my dismay I was too busy with work and never got a chance to ride it, except for the short ride from the trailer to the hangar. Pic attached. I will have an opportunity to ride it this weekend, although precip is in the forecast. I have been staring at it every time I walk by it, it is torture. Now that I have it in person, its styling has exceeded my expectations.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was able to unload the Bobber today and put it in the hangar. To my dismay I was too busy with work and never got a chance to ride it, except for the short ride from the trailer to the hangar. Pic attached. I will have an opportunity to ride it this weekend, although precip is in the forecast. I have been staring at it every time I walk by it, it is torture. Now that I have it in person, its styling has exceeded my expectations.
Very cool. And a matching copter in the background to boot!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts