Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 30 years, I have wanted to see the Trinity Site, in central New Mexico, where the world's first atomic explosion happened during WWII. It's on White Sands Missile Base and only opened to the public for two days each year. I had plans to go with a buddy for years, but he got called out for work just a few days prior. So, I went by myself. It was a spectacular trip. She performed flawlessly. Nearly 1,300 miles ridden in three days. The seat I had made definitely paid off, I was comfortable the whole time.
I also stopped in Albuquerque and saw some Breaking Bad filming locations. I'm a huge fan.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
For 30 years, I have wanted to see the Trinity Site, in central New Mexico, where the world's first atomic explosion happened during WWII. It's on White Sands Missile Base and only opened to the public for two days each year. I had plans to go with a buddy for years, but he got called out for work just a few days prior. So, I went by myself. It was a spectacular trip. She performed flawlessly. Nearly 1,300 miles ridden in three days. The seat I had made definitely paid off, I was comfortable the whole time.
I also stopped in Albuquerque and saw some Breaking Bad filming locations. I'm a huge fan.
Where did you stash your gear?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had a backpack. The trip to Trinity and ABQ was done all on the second day, so I left it all at a hotel in Santa Rosa, about 150 miles North. At the Trinity Site itself, I left my helmet, jacket, and gloves with my motorcycle. There were plenty of soldiers and security with automatic weapons around as to discourage would-be thieves.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually like going on such adventures solo...
We spend all this time talking, modifying, fixing and maintaining... Gotta remember that riding is the most important!

Reactions: Roy

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another Breaking Bad fan here.
Great trip and cool pics.
I got a few others at Tuco's Hideout, The Dog House, The Crossroads Motel (Wendy, LOL) etc. I ran out of daylight before seeing a few others I wanted to.

Reactions: ysoslo and eisen77

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had a backpack. The trip to Trinity and ABQ was done all on the second day, so I left it all at a hotel in Santa Rosa, about 150 miles North. At the Trinity Site itself, I left my helmet, jacket, and gloves with my motorcycle. There were plenty of soldiers and security with automatic weapons around as to discourage would-be thieves.

I recently did a 7-800 mile trip and invested in a rack for my luggage as I was afraid of the backpack. How was the comfort just using a backpack?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
That is so cool!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I recently did a 7-800 mile trip and invested in a rack for my luggage as I was afraid of the backpack. How was the comfort just using a backpack?
It wasn't bad at all. The most important quantity is the weight. I've hauled three or four two-liter bottles of soda on my work commute which is about a half-hour, and that was heavy enough to be uncomfortable within about 15 minutes. But, that example is a concentrated, dead weight in the bottom of the pack.
For this trip, I had a parka, a change of T-shirt, etc. and a few other items which didn't weigh much. I don't think there was a time where I was uncomfortable, or really even thought of it on me.
I really subscribe to the minimalist aesthetic in just about everything, which is why the Bobber appealed so much to me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any other pics of breaking bad places??
Yep, and I plan to go back this Spring, I want to see them all. NM is a really great state, and relatively unaffected by the population bomb, and growing oppressive government that is sweeping the rest of the country.

Los Pollos Hermanos, Tuco's Hideout, Crossroads Hotel, The Dog House.

Speaking of has anyone seen El Camino yet?!? I saw it last night!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts