Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Kriega/Rack - Perfect Combo

8K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ysoslo 
#1 ·
Hi Gents,

If you have a rack mounted on your fender or are thinking of going this option this may be of interest.

I recently purchased one of the excellent Kriega US-20 drypack tailbags. There are plenty of reviews on these things, so it's worth checking all their products out. However my reason for this post is that I was thrilled at how this particular bag is a PERFECT fit for the rack recently installed on my Bobber.

As you can see from the photos the attachment points marry up flawlessly with the size of the rack, no more bungies...:grin2: I just got back from a run to the Los Alamos farmers market and this pack worked perfectly. Easy to take on and off, secures beautifully and hold firm on the rack, as if it was made for it.

If you have one of these racks, I strongly recommend you get one of these Kriega bags, I'm not leaving home without mine now. A terrific product and one the just works perfectly for these racks.

I'm now planning to get more additional sized bags to add to this one for camping trips.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm intrigued by the seamlessness of this system so thanks for the pics and review. Before pulling the trigger, can you give me any tips on how different weight ranges back there might affect the rear fender or ride? Do you have impressions of Kriega's other bags as well? I'm guessing that the US-30 is too wide but those US-COMBOs that use US-20 as a base look like great options.

#4 ·
Hi Nilick,

I can't really compare this to other luggage as this one item is all I have. I'm not sure if the US-30 will be too large (for a perfect rack fit) or not but as you say I suspect it might. As for load, on a recent camping trip and before I had the Kriega, I loaded the back end up with all my camping stuff and experienced no issues what so ever.

My plan is to get a pair of the US-10's to go either side and along with tent/role etc. it should be plenty for a longer trip. I am planning to head out for a week or more camping soon, so will be able to report back on how this works as a set up for longer trip. But as for now my first impression is very favorable indeed.

Cheers,

Roy

#7 ·
Thanks again for the info Roy! Did you order your rack from the EU or is there a stateside vendor you can recommend, and are the Bike Bros / Fehling / Ural racks essentially the same? The Kijima and Hepco Becker racks appear to be more structurally sound, but I don't like the looks of them. Although I am concerned about the 5kg / 11lbs weight bearing limit, your rack suits the Bobber very well.

#16 ·
I should mention that Frank Bateman of Squaredeals.com reached out and offered to ship the rack at a much more reasonable $30. It appears that their shipping charges are sometimes unable to keep up with constantly evolving inventory and weights, so email them if something doesn't seem right. That was the case for multiple goodies I threw in the cart, and I'm happy to report that he had no problem making adjustments for all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.