Triumph Bobber Forum Attends Bobber Unveiling - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Triumph Bobber Forum Attends Bobber Unveiling

Triumph is currently on tour through the U.S. and Canada for their new Bonneville Bobber and we were able to attend this exclusive event in Toronto on Wednesday.

Taking place at The Phoenix Concert Theatre, the new Bobber was unveiled alongside two other models including the Bonneville Street Scrambler and the new Street Triple RS, making this the first RS debut in Canada. Initially, the Bobber was nowhere to be seen but Triumph did place various models on display around the venue and attendees had a chance to sit on them and get real close.

The venue was of a good size with various pop-up stalls around the perimeter of the room, unfortunately the combination of dim lighting, generous use of a smoke machine and flash photography made for some potato quality pictures so bear with me.

In one corner was Fast Times publication’s booth with free copies of their latest issue and along the same side was the standard motorcycle paraphernalia stall. Near the back wall was a hair trimming station for men complete with red chairs and a dapper barber with donations going to the Not For Sale campaign. There was even a tattoo area beside a table of motorcycle helmets.

Of course we can’t forget about the complementary food consisting of some amazing tacos, quesadillas and the all-important Canadian poutine.

Unveiled after the Bonneville Street Scrambler and Street Triple RS, a Morello Red and an Ironstone Bobber were ridden in from either side of the main stage. No burnouts were performed but there was plenty of revving to be had and the recorded sound does not do the exhaust note justice.

They were later moved to areas with better lighting and not caught on video was the Bobber’s horn. Slightly reminiscent of what you’d hear from a taxi, serviceable but not the best.

Attendees had a chance to sit on both bobbers to get a feel of the ergonomics and let me tell you, the seat is pretty low to the ground. Everyone who took a crack at it was able to flat foot on the Bobber including all 5 foot 6 inches of me and someone who was around a foot shorter.

Don’t let that deter you taller riders, because the foot pegs are located forward enough to give you a natural seating position and the adjustable seat wasn’t even slid as far back as it could go. For the life of me I couldn’t figure out how to adjust that seat in the amount of time I had with the Bobber, thus the forward seating position with around a 90 degree bend at the knees if not more.

For something with a dry weight of 228kg, the Bobber felt surprisingly light and the clutch lever required little effort to pull in. Overall, the Triumph Bobber is a beautiful piece of machinery and I can see why around half of those allocated to Canada has already been spoken for.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 02:30 AM

Wasn't someone here worried about the seating position of the foot pegs? I guess this somewhat answers your concerns and you should fit comfortably without have your knees bent at an awkward angle. Wish I could have attended one of these events just to experience it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:25 AM

Someone who was a foot shorter than 5'6" was able to flat foot it as well ?! Darn that seat really caters to everyone !

I would have thought someone would demonstrate how to adjust the seat though.. interesting..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:49 PM

Looks like this wasn't the only Bobber event happening that weekend, here's a picture from another one (don't know location)

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:15 AM

I think these kinds of shows are more for people to sit on the bikes and take pictures, not in depth explanation for every feature it has. I would have liked to sit on it and a 90 degree bend is comfortable to me, so long as my knees are above me ankles, anything further back and it'll feel like a sport bike.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 01:28 PM

From what I've gathered, shows like these are just there to give people a chance to sit on the bikes and they spew out the general specs of the motorcycle. Not really a place to give you an in-depth run through of all the features and how to use them.

Even someone 4 foot 6 was able to flat foot on the bobber, that's pretty low and not really the norm in the industry. Can't wait to see someone tall try it out.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 11:23 AM

It could be the height of the girl, but it looks like you have to move the seat all the way forward to comfortably reach the hanger bar, but that makes your knees bend at an uncomfortable angle.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:41 AM

The green bobber looks amazing even in the dim lighting at one of their launches. Wish I was there to see it in real life.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 08:32 PM

If you wanted more in-depth information, searching online is the place to do it. They're not there to give you in depth specs and details about it at all. It's just to give you a taste of what it is and bring up your excitement on it and get you wanting it. It works lol.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 01:50 AM

I'm sure seeing the green Bobber in real life would be more than enough to make you excited, certainly seems to be working since half of the units allocated for Canada has already been spoken for. That's the first batch out of reach for some people and it hasn't hit dealerships yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page