PCV but Unable to Flash Now - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By trirocket3

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
PCV but Unable to Flash Now

As in title, I installed the PCV and took my bike to get tuned. Feels way more responsive, especially gear changes and uphill! The only issue is that there's a huge wall being hit when the ECU tells it to suddenly and drastically decelerate. My dyno guy told me he would just flash it to get around the issue, but when he tried to connect he was unable to. Anybody else have experience with this type of issue?

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 06:41 AM

Are you talking about the speed limiter that comes in at 110-115mph, if so the pcv cannot overcome this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 09:50 AM

Probably he is talking about rev limiter. Currently i have same behavior, ca 1000rpm before limiter bike looses power.
Most noticeable when hardly accelerating with 2nd gear to limiter, > 100kmh ok after it 100 - 120 looses power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trirocket3 View Post
Are you talking about the speed limiter that comes in at 110-115mph, if so the pcv cannot overcome this.

I very well am. Is there any kind of advice you could offer me?

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:22 AM

As regards rev limit with the pcv you can increase by 400rpm, you can connect your laptop to pcv easy, your bike may not make any more power up there but if you often hit the rpm limiter it gives you a little more time to change up before hitting that wall just when you least need it.
Not sure anyone has beaten the bobber speed limiter yet, I have looked into a few options even tried an ecu from a TTR but they have sneaky safeguards & the ecu knows it is not on the correct bike.
I am going to try messing with the gear sensor, but I am sceptical about results I think the limiter is linked to wheel rotation/abs ring so not sure what gear it thinks it is in will make a difference, but I have to try.
I do think someone will bust into the then we can have 130+mph Bobbers, the sooner the better because it is annoying being robbed of power just when things are getting interesting.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:28 AM

Garage
Don't think the gear trick is going to work, I've hit the limiter in 5 as well as 6.

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Black North View Post
Don't think the gear trick is going to work, I've hit the limiter in 5 as well as 6.
Of course any gear that will reach limited speed is no good that is why I am looking to make the ecu think it is in 1st
Great Black North likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page