Taillight does not blink when triggered. - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Taillight does not blink when triggered.

I recently installed the plug and play JW speaker led headlight on my new bobber. Today i went to go get my inspection sticker and i failed because my taillight would stay on but won't blink when its activated. Anyone can chime in and help a fellow bobber out that would be great! I also wanted to add the first time i installed the headlight there was a red wire that was suppose to be plugged into the DRL bulb socket but i didn't do that. I am wondering if that could be an issue to sorting something out or cause a bad relay. I reinstalled the oem headlight and the taillights still doesn't function correctly.

Last edited by m1sterlaw; 06-05-2019 at 05:31 PM.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sterlaw View Post
I recently installed the plug and play JW speaker led headlight on my new bobber. Today i went to go get my inspection sticker and i failed because my taillight would stay on but won't blink when its activated. Anyone can chime in and help a fellow bobber out that would be great! I also wanted to add the first time i installed the headlight there was a red wire that was suppose to be plugged into the DRL bulb socket but i didn't do that. I am wondering if that could be an issue to sorting something out or cause a bad relay. I reinstalled the oem headlight and the taillights still doesn't function correctly.

They don't blink (like F1 brake lights). In US, they just go brighter when brakes are applied. I assume you mean that by blink? And I assume you are in the US? Your ID doesn't say which could pose a problem for future questions here on an international site as laws are different everywhere.

2018 Bobber in Morello Red
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:30 AM

Ribkick, you're absolutely right. I check in on several forums that feature my bikes and this one has the most members that don't post they're location. I don't understand why the mystery??? Are people here not proud of where they reside?

Chico
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 05:59 AM
Vendor

Different circuits, is it possible you switched the brake light switch and running light for the headlight switches during install? Seems plausible.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page