Eagle Eye LED marker lights install - Triumph Bobber Forum
 9Likes
  • 7 Post By davidrb
  • 1 Post By paul675
  • 1 Post By davidrb

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Eagle Eye LED marker lights install

I saw these used on the handlebars to help people see you coming and I gave it a shot. It's a very simple wiring project, running the wires into the headlight can and tapping into the headlight wire. Uses VERY LITTLE energy. The are very small, about the size of a penny - you can't see them when the bike is off. Turn on the bike, and you get the perfect "triangle" of light. I didn't hook them into signals, so they only function as marker lights when the bike is on. I actually like them - cost is under $10 USD. Bought on Amazon.

I glued them in place under the clutch and brake assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190503_180404(1).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	33359   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190503_180412(1).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	33361  

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Very nice way of getting “the triangle”.
I truly believe that we are more visible to cages with this setup and I really like the understated way you’ve managed to achieve it.
Thanks for sharing.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 05:33 PM

Can you please post a link to them and can you please post some pictures of them off and how they are installed what did you use to attach them.
ysoslo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrb View Post
I saw these used on the handlebars to help people see you coming and I gave it a shot. It's a very simple wiring project, running the wires into the headlight can and tapping into the headlight wire. Uses VERY LITTLE energy. The are very small, about the size of a penny - you can't see them when the bike is off. Turn on the bike, and you get the perfect "triangle" of light. I didn't hook them into signals, so they only function as marker lights when the bike is on. I actually like them - cost is under $10 USD. Bought on Amazon.

I glued them in place under the clutch and brake assembly.
Can you please post a link to them and can you please post some pictures of them off and how they are installed what did you use to attach them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul675 View Post

Here ya go.
I'll post some pics of the lights off tomorrow. I just got in from a trip. I used some glue I had laying around, and blue masking tape to keep it together until it hardened.
eisen77 likes this.

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page