High beam switch - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

High beam switch

The short of it is I had heated grips installed on my bobber black and now when I rest my hand on the clutch lever (not engaging it) and put a slight down force on it the high beams switch. If they are off they turn on if on back off. Its actually really th annoying as your sitting in slow moving traffic the high beam keeps flashing on and off. Hoping this is just a setting but it's going back to the shop this weekend
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviesmi View Post
The short of it is I had heated grips installed on my bobber black and now when I rest my hand on the clutch lever (not engaging it) and put a slight down force on it the high beams switch. If they are off they turn on if on back off. Its actually really th annoying as your sitting in slow moving traffic the high beam keeps flashing on and off. Hoping this is just a setting but it's going back to the shop this weekend
If you're saying just a slight pull on your clutch lever causes your high-beam to switch on, then it sounds like you've got a short.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

I figured it was a short but wanted to make sure it wasnt just a setting. It's not a pull though it's a downward push. So if we say the pull is horizontally aft this is a vertical downward push. Think about being at a light and resting your hand on the clutch lever, anything more toggles the high beams.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 07:29 PM

Garage
Try squirting your switch gear with contact clear, you could have a dirty sensor on your clutch lever but it sounds like a short to me.

I've got one on my Mk1 Speed Triple. With the lights off (remember when you used to be able to switch 'em off) every time I pull the front brake the clocks light up! But fortunately when the lights are on it works fine.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page