Cruise control question - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cruise control question

I've had CC in cars for years and am very happy using it. I have a habit of when I get off highways I turn it off to avoid additional dash indications etc... SO I've used it a few times on the Speedmaster, and am very happy with the Switch on, set, cancel, re-set regime, but I can't work out how to switch it OFF as I would in the car case. Manual isn't helpful, and what ever I try doesn't seem to work - apart from ignition off and back on. Is that normal operation?

Thanks a lot

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

As far a as I can tell, once it’s been activated it can only be paused (by touching the brakes, throttle, button) or resumed by pushing the button again. I don’t think it can be “switched off” until the contact switch has been turned off.
Probably something to do with the ride by wire?
Correct me if I’m wrong, of course.
Guzzilazz likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
As far a as I can tell, once it’s been activated it can only be paused (by touching the brakes, throttle, button) or resumed by pushing the button again. I don’t think it can be “switched off” until the contact switch has been turned off.
Probably something to do with the ride by wire?
Correct me if I’m wrong, of course.
Thanks, I'll ask the dealer as well (doh, why didn't I think of that earlier!) it's just that the manual says "Cruise control can be switched on or off
at any time but it can not be activated until all the conditions described on page 45 have been met"...

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 07:45 AM

I have found that the only way to stop it is to interrupt it (Clutch , brakes , throttle) , but hitting the button doesn't do a thing. If that's wrong , please share your findings.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
I have found that the only way to stop it is to interrupt it (Clutch , brakes , throttle) , but hitting the button doesn't do a thing. If that's wrong , please share your findings.
Yeah, that's not my definition of "turning it off", that's "cancelling"... What I'm trying to do is to turn off (i.e. remove the indication from the display near the gear indicator)… I'm happy with "cancelling" and "resuming".

Larry

Essex UK

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 08:01 AM

Mine either.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 08:15 AM

soon 80 km / h on the French roads ..
if I want to keep my driving license ... even with a bobber can be ride with a cruise control or then remove 3 speeds from my gearbox..

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 09:27 AM

It will not turn off until you turn off the ignition. Once cruise control is activated and ready for use, the indicator comes on and it remains activated until the key is cycled again.
Guzzilazz likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX429 View Post
It will not turn off until you turn off the ignition. Once cruise control is activated and ready for use, the indicator comes on and it remains activated until the key is cycled again.
Thanks a lot, just doesn't read that way in the manual... At least mine is functioning the same way as yours, and it'll stop me trying to turn CC off, and resuming it instead

Larry

Essex UK

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just to close this out, as mentioned, CC goes off only when you switch the ignition off... According to Suffolk Triumph.

Larry

Essex UK

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page