First Impressions - Ohhhh Baby - Triumph Bobber Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

First Impressions - Ohhhh Baby

I took out a 2018 Bobber Black out today for a test ride.

After overcoming nerves (haven't ridden in a few years) immediate impression was throttle extremely responsive ie JEEESSSUUSS that car in front got close **** quick, couldn't believe how quick it moved, that meant a very sudden stab on the brakes, yeap, they stop no bother. Seating position is great, really comfortable, but the ride is firm, you definitely feel the bumps. Sounds bloody gorgeous. Handles really, really well didn't take to long to feel confidence coming back going into sharp corners. Tank maybe an issues, apparently I had half a tank of fuel when I left, within an hour I was on my last few miles. Lasting impression, I was smiling and laughing to myself throughout the ride, really enjoyable bike to ride. When the full confidence comes back I'm going to have a great time. If you are thinking about one, go take it out, its a blast. As soon as I got back to dealership my very first words to salesman was "I want it".
eisen77, chezqui, ysoslo and 7 others like this.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Great write up. I really enjoyed reading that.
So, when is your coming ??
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Great write up. I really enjoyed reading that.
So, when is your coming ??
End of March, if they hadn't already sold the showroom model in the Dealership that day (DOH) I would have ridden out with it and left the car there.
ysoslo, MikeB and Mike J Commo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 02:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLoveRocket71 View Post
End of March, if they hadn't already sold the showroom model in the Dealership that day (DOH) I would have ridden out with it and left the car there.
Haha Iíve been waiting to hear about how you got on and Iím not at all surprised to learn that youíll soon be a member of the Bobber club!

Iíve also been told that mine will arrive at the end of this month/beginning of April even though I ordered mine a month ago. I sincerely hope that doesnít turn into May/June... I really canít wait that long!

Now that Iíve read about your little encounter I feel even less inclined to wait!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post

Iíve also been told that mine will arrive at the end of this month/beginning of April even though I ordered mine a month ago. I sincerely hope that doesnít turn into May/June... I really canít wait that long!
NNNNOOOOOOOO. Don't say that. He showed me a computer spreadsheet with dates and everything.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 02:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
NNNNOOOOOOOO. Don't say that. He showed me a computer spreadsheet with dates and everything.
I damand to see such evidence from my own dealer immediately!!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 04:06 PM

Went to my local dealer today, There were several original Bobbers as well as the new Black. Since there seems to be a shortage in the UK I assume that Triumph exported bikes before stocking the domestic dealerships.

Chico
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 04:17 PM

Garage
Lovely to hear LLR71 and welcome ,
sounds like you had a really great time on the test ride. great to hear your going for one .

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

I spoke to the Dealer today, was advised it's arrived today, got to get prepped as well as getting the heated grips installed, I have today asked for the Fox shock to be fitted also. There are also a few other bits I could add, but **** too impatient to get my hands on it. Anyways, they reckon should be ready for next weekend (a week to prep and install!!!!!). Quick question, if I have added the Fox today and not at time of original bike order, they won't charge me for the labour is that right?
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 03:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
I spoke to the Dealer today, was advised it's arrived today, got to get prepped as well as getting the heated grips installed, I have today asked for the Fox shock to be fitted also. There are also a few other bits I could add, but **** too impatient to get my hands on it. Anyways, they reckon should be ready for next weekend (a week to prep and install!!!!!). Quick question, if I have added the Fox today and not at time of original bike order, they won't charge me for the labour is that right?
Great news... one more bad a$$ bike on the road

I placed my order for the bike and then around a week before the bike arrived sent them a list of goodies I wanted to have fitted. I managed to get all of the labour thrown in... and a delux Triumph cover worth £95!

So long as the bikes still with them, i.e you havenít taken delivery and ridden out the door, I really canít see that it matters when you place the order for the bits you want... Iíd have thought and would be inclined to insists that they throw in the labour regardless. In fact I only tapped them up for a free cover 2 days before I collected the bike so you might want to give that a go also
LordLoveRocket71 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page