Tilly is all tricked out :) - Triumph Bobber Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Tilly is all tricked out :)

finally got done with all of Tilly's mods, although when i find a decent looking swing-arm bag i'll add that...

bobbed her tail
switched to a side plate
checkered a black leather seat
no front fender (you really don't need if you like road splatter)
turned over mirrors
switched to Gasser exhaust pipes
DEI titanium pipes wrapped
AirIntake BoosterPlug
x-pipe (removed the catalytic converter)
flat gas cap
many blackend parts
and no reflectors (a bad-ass biker doesn't need 'em, mid-life-crisis)

oh, and she is freekin Harley freekin LOUD and the associated power that comes with it although she does fart with any amount of deceleration

Tilly, on the road again...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left_s_57.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	17106   Click image for larger version

Name:	right_s_57.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	17114  
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 11:26 PM

Garage
Looks great! I like the fact that the exhaust wrap covers up the gap between the main exhaust pipe and the Gassers slip-on that's always bothered me. Seeing this will definitely make me take another look at an exhaust I'd previously dismissed. Thanks!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 01:30 AM

Garage
Looks awesome. Who did the seat. I like it! Can't see the gas cap from the pix. Does it lock?/Stay in the tank when filling? (I hate the stock version that you have to unscrew and then find some place to put it when gassing up. Thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Looking great and I like all the mods you’ve done. Enjoy the riding season !
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjurhs View Post

Tilly, on the road again...
Right on. Loooking great!

Couple questions.

With the Xpipe and Gasser exhaust you feel the bike is HD loud? I ask as I have the Gasser ordered and also have Xpipe so just curious.

You have an "air intake" booster plug listed; is this the same as what the others have? And if so the deceleration farting should be to some degree remedied by the booster plug; did it help at all?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 06:02 AM

Looking good.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
Looks great! I like the fact that the exhaust wrap covers up the gap between the main exhaust pipe and the Gassers slip-on that's always bothered me. Seeing this will definitely make me take another look at an exhaust I'd previously dismissed. Thanks!
i bought the real stuff, not the cheapo fiberglass eBay crap that just looks good and after a few miles falls apart. and you don't soak them before applying them! but do wear auto gloves and long sleves!!! i got it from DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap and i used their "Titanium Exhaust Wrap" in tan that is 2" by 50feet roll. it took me a couple times of wrapping and un-wraping to get the spacing right to use EVERY inch of the 50feet. then i "seasoned" them with black leather dye and water mixed in a spray bottle (be sure to mask off what you don't want colored, being it's just dye, it will wipe off metal surfaces with a bit of Toluene, a rag, and a little elbow grease) then turn the garden hose on the pipes, soak 'em, then turn on the engine (a good time to let the engine do it's 13min "calibration" test.) and watch the steam and whatever other chemicals burn off.
ysoslo likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrman View Post
Looks awesome. Who did the seat. I like it! Can't see the gas cap from the pix. Does it lock?/Stay in the tank when filling? (I hate the stock version that you have to unscrew and then find some place to put it when gassing up. Thx.
yea the filling cap is not stock. i'll take a picture of it, and post it. i love it! no locking mechanism. just turns/twist on and off, has a pop-up knob to help with it. i got it from newbonnevile.com and they painted it for me
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
Right on. Loooking great!

Couple questions.

With the Xpipe and Gasser exhaust you feel the bike is HD loud? I ask as I have the Gasser ordered and also have Xpipe so just curious.

You have an "air intake" booster plug listed; is this the same as what the others have? And if so the deceleration farting should be to some degree remedied by the booster plug; did it help at all?
i started off by just replacing the cat with a open x-pipe i got from the dealer, and they installed it. that instantly made it louder but added the popping/farting on deceleration. so i added the BoosterPlug that most guys here do (that is the only air intake mod i have done or plan to do!) iv'e got a post or two explaining where i mounted the sensor. the BoosterPlug completely did away with the popping/farting as all here have reported. then i added the Gasser pipes that made it SUPER loud. however that brought back the popping/farting on deceleration and it's really bad when using the motor down shifting to bring the bike a stop. the popping/farting may be annoying (gets less annoying as i ride) but i'm told it won't hurt the engine idk??? maybe someone here will know the answer to that??? i'm told that if i hook a PowerCommander up to it that can be tuned out, but like i said, it gets less annoying as i ride, and i definitely enjoy the added power of how she is currently configured
ysoslo likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrman View Post
Who did the seat. I like it!
my local car upholstery shop did it. i took picks of what i wanted (gather here and on the bobber FB site). i also asked the upholstery guys to shave off some of the foam to better fit my" backsidedynometer" it took them 1 week and cost me $150. well worth it, at least to me, and if i want i know they can shave off the foam in other ways as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page