Bobber Black....how much worse will the handling be? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Bobber Black....how much worse will the handling be?

With that big fat tyre on the front? If I recall my Harley 48, it was BRUTAL!

The Bobber is already pushing the limit of it's handling abilities (not bad to be honest for the type of bike that it is), but how much worse do you all think it will be on the Black?

Contemplating it as it has a few more bits to it. I guess I could always swap out the front for the one on the stock bobber? Maybe?
post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 06:24 AM

I was told to expect 13K .
I'm sure you could run a smaller profile tire on the Black
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 06:40 AM

Garage
I don’t think for one second Triumph will produce a bad handling bike, nor having I seen any reviews about bad handling, other than ground clearance and really pushing the pace over bumpy tarmac.
If there are concerns about the handling in the way you personally ride then I would consider another bike.
I should add that I’ve only ridden the standard Bobber and the Indian Bobber.

I do however await reviews on the Black edition before I buy one.

SK
eisen77 and ConR like this.

Last edited by Skykop; 11-14-2017 at 06:56 AM. Reason: To add
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 07:50 AM

Garage
I tested an Indian scout with a big fat front wheel, I personally was not a fan. it still went round corners and bends, but there was something I didn't like. I couldn't put my finger on it but its not for me.
Twin discs would be nice, but I am getting used to only having 1.
eisen77, chezqui and ConR like this.
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skykop View Post
I donít think for one second Triumph will produce a bad handling bike, nor having I seen any reviews about bad handling, other than ground clearance and really pushing the pace over bumpy tarmac.
If there are concerns about the handling in the way you personally ride then I would consider another bike.
I should add that Iíve only ridden the standard Bobber and the Indian Bobber.

I do however await reviews on the Black edition before I buy one.

SK

Hi Skyskop, just for interest sake what were your honest thoughts on riding both Bobbers? Good and bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 12:34 PM

Garage
I actually liked both of them for different reasons. I only rode each of the Bobbers for a few hours, some town,motorway and a little twisty on roads. Both of the bikes have character and I was attracted to the Indian for the American heritage (Iím not saying the Triumph doesnít have any). I would advise to do the same before you buy.
I must tell you that Iíve been riding bikes pretty much most of my adult life (40 yrs), mostly sports/sports touring type bikes (I currently own a Suzuki SV1000S).Im 57,13 stone and about 5f7in.
As Iím retiring next year I wanted something special in my garage and so the hunt started for a Bike around a £10,000 budget.
Like all bikes out there itís a matter of personal choice, the Triumph Bobber for me was the better bike as I just liked the looks and handling. I loved the fact that whenever I stopped in Town the Triumph attracted an audience! Iím fully aware of some of the issues of the Triumph re tank range etc but for me personally its the Triumph thatís getting my vote. Iím off to the NEC motorcycle show at the weekend to see the Black edition before I decide which Triumph I buy.
I have been looking at many forums on the Triumph Bobber in the last few months and itís clear that itís a very popular bike, however in my view some of owners modifications have totally destroyed all the good work that has been done by Triumph turning a great looking bike into a Harley-Davidson custom thing.
Hope that was the answer you were expecting.
SK
GlynMo, Mike the Bike and Ribkick like this.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 12:47 PM

Skykop, If you would please give us a report on the Speedmaster as well.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 05:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
Skykop, If you would please give us a report on the Speedmaster as well.
I donít know anything about the Speedmaster
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 08:23 PM

It will be at the NEC show with the Black Bobber
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 10:12 AM

Bobber Black was reviewed in Ride Mag this month and they loved it and said that it actually handled better with the fatter front

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page