5Likes
  • 1 Post By kilyung
  • 2 Post By jerrman
  • 1 Post By Harryk
  • 1 Post By AandJCycles

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

those dam blinkers!

Switching back and forth on bikes with and without self cancelling turn signals can be frustrating and annoying!

Anyone install STS module from forum sponsor A&J Cycles on our Bobber? How did they work? Would you do it again?

https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product/s...signal-module/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STS_Module.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	37705  

Last edited by Tom Tenore; 09-09-2019 at 11:14 AM.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 12:04 PM

I’m curious how these work. I’ve never had self-canceling signals on my bikes.
Tom Tenore likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 03:12 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=Tom Tenore;190541]Switching back and forth on bikes with and without self cancelling turn signals can be frustrating and annoying!

Anyone install STS module from forum sponsor A&J Cycles on our Bobber? How did they work? Would you do it again?

Couldn't agree more. I rode HDs with self-canceling signals and my Indian Scout has them, too. Couldn't stand riding down the road on the Bobber half the time and looking like some old lady who forgot to turn off her signals. So, yes, I have the STS mod. They work well on turns. Require a little more pressure than my Scout to activate them but, not too bad. And they turn off as promised.

Lane changes, however, are hit and miss. Could be because lane changes often don't require too much direction change so unless you really leaning into it or on a curve they may not cancel. Then again, my OEMs on the Scout don't really work well on lane changes either. Since a lane change only takes a second or two and your finger is easily still on the button, it's a no brainer to turn them off after the lane change. I do that on both bikes. If I remember correctly, they'll turn off automatically after about 10-15 seconds by themselves but, that's way too long for a lane change. To turn off the signal, I press in the same direction as I did to put on the signal and it goes right off (unlike the Triumph system in which you press the button down)

Mine were installed by the mechanic at my dealer. It took considerably longer than they were supposed to, primarily because the little pads must be used and because he was having trouble with installing them, he took them out. But, that made the signals unreliable, so I got another pair and after installation, all was good.

Miha at STS (in Slovenia!) is very responsive to emails if you have any issues. There are a number of youtube videos re: installation if you're doing it yourself. One of two seem overly complicated based on the time it took so check out the one your comfortable with.

Would I do it again? Absolutely.
Hope it works out for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Very same experience and opinion as @jerrman . Recommend!
Tom Tenore likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:40 PM
Vendor

We have installed on quite a few local customer bikes and all rave about them. It is a much better system than what is on bikes from the factory. On the bobber, the connectors are just under the tank at the left rear side. We install the module behind the battery cover using one of our 24” harnesses. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks
Tom Tenore likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page