Planned mods - Triumph Bobber Forum
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Planned mods

Been spending money this week

Iíve ordered triumph scrambler multi function lights, British legends tail tidy (which will be modified) a small tail light/numberplate light..

My plan is to fit the multi function lights to the tail tidy, and mount the rear light above, then Iím gonna wire them so that the multifunctions provide stop lamps and indicators, and the small tail lamp is just a tail lamp and number plate illumination, although there is the option to make this a brake light as well, Iíll see if it detracts from the other brake lights before I do this....

Then best of all, Iíve just got off the phone with Adrian from Canyon motorcycles, and have ordered a set of lightweight 40 spoke alloy wheels in denim black with bronze spokes.... 3.5Ēx16 front, and 4.25x16 rear, complete with new Avon Cobra tyres

Iím gonna be busy

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Roy

Garage
Hi Enoch,

Gosh you have been busy mate. Looking forward to seeing how all these projects go.

Cheerio,

Roy
Enoch likes this.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 11:01 AM

Those rims will look amazing
Enoch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 11:10 AM

Garage
Looking forward to seeing the changes Enoch!
Enoch likes this.

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Enoch, those look amazing and canīt wait to see the pics of them on your Bobber.
I have been thinking about changing to Tubeless type spoked rims as well, but have to stick with OEM sizes due to strict police supervision on mods like that.
Enoch likes this.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 12:06 PM

Can’t wait to see the finished bike! Adrian is a good bloke. Nice collection of bikes also.
Enoch likes this.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Enoch, those look amazing and canīt wait to see the pics of them on your Bobber.
I have been thinking about changing to Tubeless type spoked rims as well, but have to stick with OEM sizes due to strict police supervision on mods like that.
Yep, Iím looking forward to getting stuck in, thereís a lead time of around 4 weeks on the wheels, but the tail tidy stuff should be with me by next week, so I can crack on with that

Regarding sizes, although the wheels are a bit wider, based on Adrianís recommendation, Iím sticking with stock tyre sizes.

Surely that wouldnít get picked up by the fun police over there would it??
eisen77 likes this.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Yep, Iím looking forward to getting stuck in, thereís a lead time of around 4 weeks on the wheels, but the tail tidy stuff should be with me by next week, so I can crack on with that

Regarding sizes, although the wheels are a bit wider, based on Adrianís recommendation, Iím sticking with stock tyre sizes.

Surely that wouldnít get picked up by the fun police over there would it??
They only look at stock tire sizes and whatís written on the paperwork, so I imagine the rim size would not interest them.
Itís definitely a mod I have to look in to, but also have to do my homework as I have the belt drive fitted - so Iím not sure if this affects anything. Would be an expensive mistake if I get it wrong...
Enoch likes this.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Yes I was initially convince that I needed 17Ēwheels, and was going to run 130/70-17 on the front and 160/70-17 at the rear.

Adrian was adamant that this would be a mistake, and would screw up the handling... heís sold over 2700 sets of these wheels, and not had an issue, so I went with his recommendation...

Heís actually in the UK at the moment, so we had a good chat about what I was trying to achieve
eisen77 and Trace like this.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Will be nice to hear if the reduced unsprung weight (positively) affects the handling. Iím pretty sure it will !
I will eventually order from a UK supplier (perhaps HPS) as importing goods from the US is a very stressful affair! And Iíll have to do it before Brexit too...
Trace likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page