Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Latest mod dangerously close to being finished

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  p-trax 
#1 · (Edited)
All parts ready for matte black powder coat next week.
:grin2:

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
I sought out the guy who fabricated the forks on one of the bobbers I saw at the BSMC event in London (as seen on the home page here). He hadn’t built forks for the bobber black before, which has some very different front dimensions to the slim wheeled single disc bobber, which gave me free reign to effectively start from scratch.
The basic geometries are the same from a functional perspective, so I expect the ride to be acceptable. The ‘owner’ of the red bike from the bobber build off assured me it rides well with the girders.

To match the beefier front end of the BB I’ve had the forks made in oversized tubing, different mudguard mountings as well as headlight brackets.

I should find out soon enough.

#11 ·
I really like the round tubing you're using. Seems like many of the girder forks I've seen in pics are more squared off, which looks overpoweringly industrial on our classic-styled bikes. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.