New bike engine and warranty issues - Triumph Bobber Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

New bike engine and warranty issues

Big red flag. Engine has been leaking oil. It has been at the dealer for three months and there is still no ETA for the parts. I dont know what to say except that I had bikes for over 20 years and have never experienced anything like it. Leaking oil from a new bike is certainly an issue but if you cant even fix it does not give me any warm feeling. just thought I would share my experience with the bobber black. It started to leak right off the sales floor but gave it a few months to confirm it was not excess oil from the kickstand. So brought it in and now I guess it just sits there until the backorder parts come in. Not sure if this is a major widespread issue or not. Would be interested to know if other riders have dealt with this.
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

That's a total bummer. Never heard anything like it either. My only suggestion is make some noise, if you haven't already.
ysoslo likes this.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:17 AM

Did the dealer provide a loaner bike? Did you contact Triumph corporate and as Psycho said make a lot of noise?

Chico
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:23 AM

Garage
Many of our bikes leaked a little oil from day one. My bike went back to the dealers three times and they couldn’t find the source of the leak... a member on here explained it was the gally plug and he turned out to be correct. Worth looking into.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 02:59 AM

Garage
Three months!? I’d say that is way more than unacceptable. Is the dealer saying they know the source of the problem? (I’m assuming they have as they’ve ordered and are waiting for, specific parts). Contact Triumph ASAP and find out whether what the dealer is saying is valid.
Great Black North likes this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 03:58 AM

Not sure where you are but I had major issues with mine in the dealer for a total of 7 weeks in 6months. Ended up rejecting the bike and getting a replacement at a small cost. Sounds unacceptable to me. These are seriously expensive machines and should not be faulty full stop.
ysoslo likes this.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

No loaner I asked for one and what they would do to make this right and got a blank stare. The depreciation and insurance cost to have it sit there is becoming significant. Starting to make some noise now. Any suggestion on who to call exactly at Triumph?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:40 AM

Garage
Once you find out one way or the other whether this dealership is indeed being honest about backordered parts, please write up a review on the dealership, so others that may be lurking on the site as they decide whether to buy a Bobber or Speedmaster in the future will know whether they should avoid this particular dealership or not.

Here's a link to the "Triumph Dealership Reviews": https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...p-reviews.html

Each one matters.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:39 AM

Garage
@Stockcar Start by calling Triumph customer support for the country your in, or the closest one to you (Google is your friend on this one). I've had dealings with them on 2 different occasions in Canada (US based call center) and they were great. Once was to do with an oil leak as well. One call and things were happening. Wasn't the same situation as your's, but still.

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:02 PM

In my state that would be designated a "lemon" and returned.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page