Wunderkind Indicator Help Needed - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Mar-Vel
  • 1 Post By RRBuGGz75

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Wunderkind Indicator Help Needed

Hi guys,

So I had my Wunderkind rear fender kit installed end of February, no issues. Today my front left indicator started flashing rapidly, and my rear left one (built into the strut connecting the fender) does not come on at all.

The day time running light and brake light is fine, just the indicator itself. I'm unsure of whether it's the bulb, or a wire has come loose? It's naturally fairly new. Has anyone taken apart the struts to install a new bulb? My dealership installed it all, and they're booked up til end of May, so will have to look into it, but want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

I'd appreciate any help, cheers!

Matt
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unparalleledltwin View Post
Hi guys,

So I had my Wunderkind rear fender kit installed end of February, no issues. Today my front left indicator started flashing rapidly, and my rear left one (built into the strut connecting the fender) does not come on at all.

The day time running light and brake light is fine, just the indicator itself. I'm unsure of whether it's the bulb, or a wire has come loose? It's naturally fairly new. Has anyone taken apart the struts to install a new bulb? My dealership installed it all, and they're booked up til end of May, so will have to look into it, but want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

I'd appreciate any help, cheers!

Matt

Your front left Is flashing fast cus your rear Is out , are they LED or just regular bulbs ? If regular bulbs then you should be able to change It out , If LED then you need a new turn signal . Or It could be just a bad connection I would check that out first ... If the dealer installed them they should put the problem right straight away In fact I would insist on It .
Great Black North and ysoslo like this.

Last edited by Mar-Vel; 04-30-2019 at 11:24 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:44 AM

Check your rear left brake light wire first. It will be tied into the right rear brake light wire and wired into the rear brake light wire on the rear factory light harness. I believe it's a green/blue brake wire on the factory harness. Not sure what color the brake wire is on the Wunderkind indicator, but look for which wire is joined together from each side fender strut that ties to the green/blue brake wire on the bike harness. Hopefully just a loose connection. If not it can be a faulty light on the of the left fender strut.
unparalleledltwin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-Vel View Post
Your front left Is flashing fast cus your rear Is out , are they LED or just regular bulbs ? If regular bulbs then you should be able to change It out , If LED then you need a new turn signal . Or It could be just a bad connection I would check that out first ... If the dealer installed them they should put the problem right straight away In fact I would insist on It .

I believe they're LED.. If this is the case, I'm probably going to email Wunderkind, as I know bulbs are consumables, but the LED shouldn't have gone so soon.. I haven't ridden in the rain nor have I damaged it. I'll take it a part and have a look first, before I go in head first and become "that guy". I'll give my dealership a buzz tomorrow, see if they can squeeze me in sooner.

Thanks for your reply bud.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:46 PM

Sounds like the connection may have come apart where they installed the struts. Can you locate where they tapped into the harness? Logically it should be located not far from where the strut meets the fender, me thinks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page