Bobber Black Straight Exhaust? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Bobber Black Straight Exhaust?

Anyone found a Matt black straight through pipe type exhaust for the Bobber Black? I'm not overly keen on the standard cans and am only seeing exhausts similar to the original. Im looking for a straight through pipe really, but nervous about the amount of noise. Anyone got a straight through pipe in matt black and if so where form and noise issues?
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

British Customs do something that's pretty much straight through, and the Zard is also almost straight through. Can't get away from the noise of straight-throughs though: no baffles, no noise reduction.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:03 PM
GPz

British Customs Sleeper Pros are lightly baffled with a big straight open bore down the middle. They sound fantastic with a Motone X-Pipe. Sort of a snarly small block Chevy tone. Plenty loud when you want them to be but tolerable in neighborhoods if you watch the throttle. I wear a tight full-face helmet and can just barely get by without needing to add earplugs.

-GPz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:09 PM

Garage
Yep, what Pasta said.

I had a set of BC drag pipes with an x-pipe on mine, loved the look, but they are really LOUD with the x-pipe in place! I ended up with a set of Tridents which seem to be a perfect balance of volume and sound.

I did not have any issues with the noise of the BC's, with the authorities here, But straight piped Harley's are the default bikes here..

Not sure what the actual decibel levels were, but I'd have to guess in the 90's. I didn't usually ride it with out ear plugs, on the odd occasion when I did, it was only for very short distances and my ears were ringing in no time flat..

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for the replies, now this is definelty what I want. Cannot find anything in Matt black.

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:22 AM

Garage
@LordLoveRocket71 you should be able to ceramic coat this BC exhaust. I believe someone else on the forum already has.

Each one matters.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:02 AM

Garage
Have a look at

Camcoat

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Silly question, but would i need to have painted first then ceramic coating or the coating would be in any colour, apologies but never heard of it.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLoveRocket71 View Post
Hey, thanks for the replies, now this is definelty what I want. Cannot find anything in Matt black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-KGH2ky53Q
Have you had a look at British Customs website? They do 'em in black that looks like a matt finish.

https://britishcustoms.com/collectio...12279183147104
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

The problem with that is it's a US based company and I'm in the UK. Would prefer to order from the UK to be honest. Have added to my favourites bar, just in case.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page