Which Pipes - Triumph Bobber Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Which Pipes

Guys.
I know this has been covered many times but the posts are all over the place. Apologies for going over ground previously covered but would be nice to get opinions in one thread.

Ok, so a minor scuffle with a truck has resulted in me having the opportunity to replace my pipes.
Coming off are the UK Spec V&H.

Bike already has a Motone X-Pipe.

Opinions please. What are the best sounding pipes out there. Must have removable baffles. I want deep and loud.
I have a Tiger for quieter longer trips. The Bobber is now the shorter journey, daily use bike and still my favourite.

Oh ....sorry to the Zard fans. Not a liver of the look big they do sound good.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:07 AM

Hey Freddy,
I cant speak from experience, but I'm
very interested in these Delkevic exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	product11555_20__13639.1548095945.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	30985  
Freddy likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:40 AM

Garage
I definitely recommend getting on youtube to watch and listen to videos of various exhausts out there. I'm in the US, so I have no idea which exhausts have removable baffles. Some of the names we've seen quite a bit on this site are the Zards that you mentioned, Trident, Gassers and British Customs (BC). Good luck in your hunt!
Freddy likes this.

Each one matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Currently I'm kind of tempted to go with the V&H again but this time the US spec giving me the option of baffles in or out. I do like the look of the V&oh on the bike.
Gasses sound good on the videos but believe they had some fitment/quality issues at some point although not sure how accurate the reports were.
BC do sound good and look good.
Will check out the Trident.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdirt View Post
Hey Freddy,
I cant speak from experience, but I'm
very interested in these Delkevic exhaust.
Check this out. I'm now also interested. May need ear plugs.
Good tip. Thank you.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

I really like the look and aesthetic flow of the V&H´s (i had the EU spec ones delivered with the bike).
If Zards are off the table, I would probably go for US spec V&H which no doubt sound a h**l of a lot better than the EU spec.

Though i know you don´t like the Zards, i really do rate them very highly (construction, sound and looks). However, they are LOUD
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
I really like the look and aesthetic flow of the V&H´s (i had the EU spec ones delivered with the bike).
If Zards are off the table, I would probably go for US spec V&H which no doubt sound a h**l of a lot better than the EU spec.

Though i know you don´t like the Zards, i really do rate them very highly (construction, sound and looks). However, they are LOUD
Regarding the Zards. Had another look and actually they are growing on me. I know there are different baffle options with the Zards. The YouTube vids I've seen they seek to have a raspy kind of rattly note but this may be due to the baffle that is fitted. I want loud for Thailand because the drivers are crazy, never look so good to be heard coming. As the tiger will now be used for longer trips the Noise level won't be to much of an issue as it may be on longer journeys.

Do you have any links to Zard exhaust sound on a bobber or similar (T120 or Speedmaster) that is close to how yours sound.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Check this out. I'm now also interested. May need ear plugs.
Good tip. Thank you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X2A7rAJDWH4
I have required but seems maybe not available in Black. Not sure about a chrome coloured Pipe on a BB. ****!!!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:47 AM

If you want deep and throaty, the US Vance and Hines will do it. You said you liked deep.

You can look at a pipe and tell (to a degree) what it will sound like. The large can and large core style of the V&H will give the deep thump. The straight pipe style with a small core will be loud, but it won’t produce a deep sound.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX429 View Post
If you want deep and throaty, the US Vance and Hines will do it. You said you liked deep.

You can look at a pipe and tell (to a degree) what it will sound like. The large can and large core style of the V&H will give the deep thump. The straight pipe style with a small core will be loud, but it won’t produce a deep sound.

Thankyou , good advice/info. I know little about exhausts other than when I hear one I like the sound of. I am very much leaning towards the US V&H. I like how they look on the bike.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page