Biked got knocked over 😞 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By trirocket3
  • 1 Post By Roy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Working in NYC, it was bound to happen, a truck took a corner way too sharp and knocked my bike over. Damage: bent front fender, small dent it tank, bent rear brake pedal, internal steering lock, and few other scratches. Long story short, I was able to locate the company, got a quote from the dealer to repair damage, and got reimbursed from their insurance.

I’m currently debating what must/should I fix, and what I could live with. I kind of like the matte black over the gloss of my current bike and was thinking of taking the opportunity to switch my bike over to matte, since I plan to replace the tank, which is the most expensive part. Small problem, if my wife ever found out I spent a few K on changing the look of my bike instead of paying off some CC bills, and don’t think I can describe what will be done to me 😬 I’m now considering a possible speedmaster tank, if it won’t void the warranty and the dealer will be willing to do the conversion, or switch to the cranberry red tank. Does anybody even know if I can use this tank on my bobber black?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6FF8F220-09F7-478D-A02D-855F25D8B879_1545617399840.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	29903  

Last edited by JibberJabber; 12-23-2018 at 09:10 PM.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:07 PM

Garage
A few guys on the forum have switched the tank. (I know Roy has). Youíll probably hear from them as soon as they read your post. In the meantime, we promise not to mention this to your wife.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Thx! I’ve read a few posts on somebody who did the conversion, I was wondering though if the tank in the pic I posted was a speedmaster tank or I can get a stock triumph bobber one in that color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 11:01 PM
Roy

Garage
Hi JJ,

Sorry to hear of this but pleased you got the insurance.

Re the tank swap. I changed out my BB tank for a Speedmaster and it was as simple as just ordering the tank form my dealer and having them swap it over. Whether or not you got for another Bobber tank of a different colour or a large Speedy tank, it should be easy enough just see about ordering it from your dealership.

Whatever you decided, I hope all works out.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibberJabber View Post
Thx! Iíve read a few posts on somebody who did the conversion, I was wondering though if the tank in the pic I posted was a speedmaster tank or I can get a stock triumph bobber one in that color.
I think your dealer is the best source for the information you seek. Sorry about the damage to your bike.

Chico
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 06:44 AM

Yes go for the speedy tank in red, more fuel + massive improvement in appearance IMHO ( I hate black & detest matt )
It's a win/win, & what the good lady does not know will not hurt you.
Roy likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 10:06 AM
Roy

Garage
I meant to add this yesterday but here is a pic of my BB with the Speedy tank. Also note the Speedy headlight, which I think goes really well with the larger tank.

I spent a few hours cleaning her yesterday as the sun was out (good light) but still lots of snow, so going nowhere (woke up to another six inches too). I must confess I found that I could not stop polishing and admiring the tank..I must be a little sad but I'm okay with that..

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 8.09.19 AM.png
Views:	112
Size:	797.8 KB
ID:	29925  
unparalleledltwin likes this.

Last edited by Roy; 12-24-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page