• 1 Post By eisen77
  • 1 Post By kidrobot88
  • 2 Post By chezqui
  • 1 Post By unparalleledltwin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Fender/Rear End Help

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a short rear end for my Bobber Black, and wondered what I need to get the full package.

This goes for lights, connections etc. What recommendations do you all have?

I've seen the Wunderkind one and the Triumph Short Kit, but what actually comes with it all? I just want to know if they have the mounts, and the OEM indicators can simply be added etc. I understand the number plate position would change.. Just looking for some advice really.

Thanks in advance guys

Matt
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

I use the Bike Brothers short rear fender (plus the additional integrated lights) paired with the Moskis rear numberplate holder (EU legal)
Not sure if B.B will paint the fender in matt black for you. But i´m sure they will (for a price).
Markus (Bike Brothers) will reply to your emails and he´s great to deal with.

On the same note, i am sure Wunderkind will be happy to help too. Detlef is really friendly and will also gladly help with any questions you may have.
Feel free to mention that you are from this forum; they both know me well and really enjoy hearing from fellow members and Bobber owners.

Pics from today showing a profile of my chopped rear fender.
unparalleledltwin likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 10:44 AM

Just purchased all the parts for mine. you will have to purchase things separately including new indicators for the rear fender. OEM won't work because it is not multi functioning.

-triumph short rear fender
-Multi function rear signals
-Plate mount(side mount most likely)
-Front short fender
-Front indicators to match rear(optional but.....is it?)

All connections/wiring comes with its part
unparalleledltwin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 05:10 AM

I have the Triumph kit for sale in the UK

The lights supplied with the kit are the US setup which is presumably why you can't buy them in the UK anymore. The small Rizoma Club tail lights/ indicators fit nicely.

See pics

07872 444055
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2343s.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	29639   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2330s.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	658.4 KB
ID:	29641  
eisen77 and unparalleledltwin like this.

Last edited by chezqui; 12-07-2018 at 05:14 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
I use the Bike Brothers short rear fender (plus the additional integrated lights) paired with the Moskis rear numberplate holder (EU legal)
Not sure if B.B will paint the fender in matt black for you. But i´m sure they will (for a price).
Markus (Bike Brothers) will reply to your emails and he´s great to deal with.

On the same note, i am sure Wunderkind will be happy to help too. Detlef is really friendly and will also gladly help with any questions you may have.
Feel free to mention that you are from this forum; they both know me well and really enjoy hearing from fellow members and Bobber owners.

Pics from today showing a profile of my chopped rear fender.

Thanks eisen! Yeah that looks slick, I'll have a nosey around and get in touch with both Markus & Detlef should I have any questions. Question of cost at the mo, coming up to the dreaded day of Christmas! I appreciate your help buddy. The Moskis plate mount is really nice, looks tidy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrobot88 View Post
Just purchased all the parts for mine. you will have to purchase things separately including new indicators for the rear fender. OEM won't work because it is not multi functioning.

-triumph short rear fender
-Multi function rear signals
-Plate mount(side mount most likely)
-Front short fender
-Front indicators to match rear(optional but.....is it?)

All connections/wiring comes with its part

A good question answered here, so I don't have to have a rear light, as the indicators act as a brake light, correct? Is this legal in the UK? (Not that I'm overly bothered, as I have a pressed number plate ) something I had wondered with seeing rear end kits!
eisen77 likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezqui View Post
I have the Triumph kit for sale in the UK

The lights supplied with the kit are the US setup which is presumably why you can't buy them in the UK anymore. The small Rizoma Club tail lights/ indicators fit nicely.

See pics

07872 444055

I'm in the UK, so may be interested in this. Is everything there ready for me to add to the bike, no additional components needed, wiring loom etc? I take it those lights double as rear brake light also?

Cheers,

Matt
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStallion View Post
Thanks eisen! Yeah that looks slick, I'll have a nosey around and get in touch with both Markus & Detlef should I have any questions. Question of cost at the mo, coming up to the dreaded day of Christmas! I appreciate your help buddy. The Moskis plate mount is really nice, looks tidy.

A good question answered here, so I don't have to have a rear light, as the indicators act as a brake light, correct? Is this legal in the UK? (Not that I'm overly bothered, as I have a pressed number plate ) something I had wondered with seeing rear end kits!
Not sure about UK law but I may have seen that there is a UK/Europe specific set and a USA specific set for indicators.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page