Powder coated forward controls for bobber black - Triumph Bobber Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Powder coated forward controls for bobber black

After ordering the bobber black specific forward controls and mounting kit, and being assured they would be matte black, the parts that arrived were very silver

A quick trip to the powder coaters soon sorted the problem, and all for a measly £35.

Pleased with the end result

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:58 AM

Very cool! How do you find the ride now with the change in foot position but still relatively the same riding position? Are you considering getting the high handle bars now too?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF42 View Post
Very cool! How do you find the ride now with the change in foot position but still relatively the same riding position? Are you considering getting the high handle bars now too?
The riding position is so much more comfortable, I would have no hesitation in recommending the forward controls to anyone.
I'm not a tall person (5'11") but I used to get aching knees after a relatively short time, this has now totally disappeared.

Since this picture was taken I have added some (very) wide beach bars. I am personally not a fan of the mini ape hangers on the bobber.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:22 PM

Interesting, thanks! I'm wrestling with going with either the forward controls or highway pegs. With the roads around my home being kind of shite, having the ability to stand up on my pegs from time to time is very helpful. So, I'm leaning towards the highway pegs at the moment. I am also 5'11, so I too would like some options when on the longer rides.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

I stand up on my forward pegs to go over unavoidable pot holes, and when my butt goes to sleep on longer rides
TAF42 likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

@p-trax
Would you mind sending me the catalogue numbers/codes of all the pieces you ordered?
I think after your and DavidRb’s posts, I’m going to give the forwards a try.
No point buying the (much more) expensive Wunderkind if I end up going back to stock, so OEM forwards will be perfect to try out.
Also, looks wise I prefer silver (but not chrome!) footrests and not all black for my 2017 Bobber.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-trax View Post
I stand up on my forward pegs to go over unavoidable pot holes, and when my butt goes to sleep on longer rides
Never having had forward pegs before, I was under the impression (having been told) that you can't really stand up on those pegs... So, it's good to know that it is still possible.

Tobias
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
@p-trax
Would you mind sending me the catalogue numbers/codes of all the pieces you ordered?
I think after your and DavidRbís posts, Iím going to give the forwards a try.
No point buying the (much more) expensive Wunderkind if I end up going back to stock, so OEM forwards will be perfect to try out.
Also, looks wise I prefer silver (but not chrome!) footrests and not all black for my 2017 Bobber.
I canít get the configurator to load to look up parts for you.
There are only 2, one is described as Ďforward controlsí, if you select this it will tell you that you need the mounting kit, which is the second 👍
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Will do that. Thanks
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

For my 2017 Bobber I am getting part numbers:
A9770195
A9770115

and supposedly i will need to add a left hand header cover as well (A9600660) which no one seems to have in stock.

The Triumph configurator is a PITA; every time i try to add the forward control mounting kit, it adds the floorboards AND forward foot control kit!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page