What Would You Like To See - Triumph Bobber Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
What Would You Like To See

When it comes to customizing/individualist ng my BB, I'm not that adventurous or brave and I admire those that start cutting and designing bespoke items to make their bikes unique.

For those of us without those skills and imagination we are left with a selection of after market custom parts from Triumph and a wide assortment of companies.

So, what would you like to see become available for our bikes. For me I'd like to see more rear light options that utilize the existing rear fender mounting points ar surrounding framework whilst keeping the wiring invisible.
I would also like to see a replacement casing or some sort of cover/bezel for the instrument panel. The stock cheap plastic casing does nothing to enhance the bikes appearance. A nice machined casing that matches the triumph aftermarket headlight bezel would be nice.

Matching Peg, brake pedal and gear lever sets would also be nice to see. Currently they all seem to be mix and match options.
CaptainFrench and Roy like this.

Last edited by Freddy; 11-07-2018 at 12:39 AM.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 07:53 AM

Springs for the seat.
CaptainFrench, Roy and Freddy like this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:18 AM

I'd also say a sprung seat.

Also, I have the brass shift peg and brass gas cap, and I'd LOVE it if my battery strap was brass, too. I think it would look killer!
Roy and Freddy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Roy

Garage
Good question..!

My two big 'stock' options I would like offered are:

A sprung seat kit.
And a kit for a larger (more traditional) rear mudguard/fender.

Both of these I'm intending to good by hook or by crook.

Cheerio,

Roy
CaptainFrench and Freddy like this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:05 AM

Garage
I think we had another thread similar to this one once upon a time. My wish would be more leather accessories. I'd love to see a tank strap made specifically for the Bobber. I'd also like to see a leather gas cap holder, which would be a leather loop around the gas tank opening that also wrapped up onto the cap itself, so I could unscrew the gas cap and let it dangle on the side of my tank while filling up.

I considered this for a bit, but I really don't want the bag, just the strap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank bag.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	29107  
DevilDog, gfspencer and Roy like this.

Each one matters.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
. I'd also like to see a leather gas cap holder, which would be a leather loop around the gas tank opening that also wrapped up onto the cap itself, so I could unscrew the gas cap and let it dangle on the side of my tank while filling up
Depends on whether the want for a strap is to have leather or just so you can keep the cap tied on while gassing up (or both, I guess). I wanted the convenience of not having a loose cap while filling up, so opted for the Motone Monza cap. Very happy I did. Just snaps open, no unscrewing, then clamps shut and off I go.

As far as my own “want,” it’s probably for a Triumph self canceling turn signal module (J&P has one from STS which I may just break down and buy). I get frustrated when I forget to turn off the signal and ride like some old woman with a blinking flasher without any intention to turn. (It’s no doubt to my Indian Scout having self canceling signals as did my previous HD Low Rider).
Roy and Freddy like this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
When it comes to customizing/individualist ng my BB, I'm not that adventurous or brave and I admire those that start cutting and designing bespoke items to make their bikes unique.

For those of us without those skills and imagination we are left with a selection of after market custom parts from Triumph and a wide assortment of companies.

So, what would you like to see become available for our bikes. For me I'd like to see more rear light options that utilize the existing rear fender mounting points ar surrounding framework whilst keeping the wiring invisible.
I would also like to see a replacement casing or some sort of cover/bezel for the instrument panel. The stock cheap plastic casing does nothing to enhance the bikes appearance. A nice machined casing that matches the triumph aftermarket headlight bezel would be nice.

Matching Peg, brake pedal and gear lever sets would also be nice to see. Currently they all seem to be mix and match options.

I like this (bolded)

2018 Bobber in Morello Red
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 02:20 AM

Id like some rear sets to go with my clip ons
Guffer likes this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrobot88 View Post
Id like some rear sets to go with my clip ons

Definitely would like to have rear sets. I'm getting a bit tired of grinding the foot pegs in almost every single corner.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 02:10 PM

I would like a rack that attaches to the rear fender.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page