2018 Rear Light Options - Triumph Bobber Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2018 Rear Light Options

I noticed and have read many 2017 posts on relation to rear light options. Can anyone make any suggestions on what is available 1 year on if I want to keep the stock rear fender on my BB. I have the Triumph 40mm short stem front and rear LED indicators and am wondering what the options are for a round smaller rear light that would fit with those indicators. I have a rear mounted number plate. I'm in Thailand and the plates here are just so big I don't like the look when side mounted. To much loss of visual symmetry.
Preferably I would like to loose the stock rear light and just replace it with a smaller bullet style that will fit on the existing mounting plate.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:45 AM

Maybe search the forum Freddy. Lots of posts on here about people 'rear ends'!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
As per my original post, I have. The majority of posts relate to the shorter rear fender being fitted along with a side mounted plate. What I'm looking for is if there are any options to retain the rear fender as stock along with the rear position of the number plate whilst simply swapping the stock rear light for a smaller round bullet style. I've seen the multifunction DLR option from triumph but that is only compatible with the short fender and side plate mount.
I was looking for other members thoughts and possible options just to loose the brick of a rear light at the back but happy to retain my short stem 40mm indicators.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
As per my original post, I have. The majority of posts relate to the shorter rear fender being fitted along with a side mounted plate. What I'm looking for is if there are any options to retain the rear fender as stock along with the rear position of the number plate whilst simply swapping the stock rear light for a smaller round bullet style. I've seen the multifunction DLR option from triumph but that is only compatible with the short fender and side plate mount.
I was looking for other members thoughts and possible options just to loose the brick of a rear light at the back but happy to retain my short stem 40mm indicators.
I haven't seen a bullet style light like you've described (yet), but I can share this pic of the cleanest EU tail tidy I've ever seen. The light setup is different, but very clean and the plate placement means you don't have to worry about the holes in the stock fender from removing the stock rear lights. Just something to consider, if you like the look as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail tidy EU.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	29099  
Bobber-Bomb, Leon and Mike J Commo like this.

Each one matters.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Ysoslo. Yes, that looks really clean. I'm fortunate being in Thailand that there is little enforced legislation. Providing the lights are visible ( and from my own safety perspective I want to be clearly seen) and also the number plate then positioning and size isn't going to be an issue.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:30 PM

Garage
Here´s what I did last winter using the small oem indicators and a miles taillight. Not exactly bullet style, but maybe a little inspiration...

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...ndicators.html
Roy likes this.

Doesn´t matter what you ride... just ride!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
I haven't seen a bullet style light like you've described (yet), but I can share this pic of the cleanest EU tail tidy I've ever seen. The light setup is different, but very clean and the plate placement means you don't have to worry about the holes in the stock fender from removing the stock rear lights. Just something to consider, if you like the look as well.
Very nice indeed... I like the look of that a lot. I don’t suppose you happen to know if there are any more pics from the side... or better still a link to where or who did it?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 04:45 PM

Garage
Hi Freddy, for inspiration I can show you this possibility.
Not a Bullet but a Bates-Style-Light (form is fitting to the headlight perfect).
Mounted on a welded powder coated iron sheet which is fixed in original fender holes.

Cheers, Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L1000555 (Copy).jpg
Views:	228
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	29111   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181014_115655.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	29113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181014_115602-2 (Copy).jpg
Views:	230
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	29115  
Bassbär likes this.

Last edited by Erich König; 11-07-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added pic
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 05:20 PM

Motone has posted that they are working on a tail light option for full length fenders. They showed a diagram of it on their Facebook page a while back. It looked interesting. I'm waiting to see how it looks completed.
Bassbär and Mike J Commo like this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you all for the suggestions and pictures.
I fitted the 40mm short stem triumph indicators front and rear today. Think I'll hang fire for now and see what Motone or others come up with. Pretty sure if one company does it then others will follow.
Mike J Commo likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page